Nightmares

Authors note

From now on I will be writing this story in the first person. I was having too much trouble writing in the third person so I'm changing!! Okay that's all I have to say for now, go read the chapter.

"Velinda, I am not happy with you." My father says, glaring at me. "How dare you be placed in any house, but, Slytherin!"

He strikes my face so hard that I fall to the ground, I grab my cheek but I don't dare start crying in front of him.

"It's not my fault. I-" He kicks me hard in the gut.

"NO DAUGHTER OF MINE WILL BE IN HUFFLEPUFF!"

"But, I can't change it."

"I know that, you idiot. That's why I am disowning you, you are no child of mine and if Narcissa knows what's best for her then she won't let you back in the Manor and she will never contact you again!"

"But Daddy,"

"I AM NOT YOUR DADDY!!" He stomps really hard on my face, breaking my nose. Then he raises his wand, "CRUCIO!"

The pain I feel is unbearable, I scream uncontrollably. Suddenly the pain stops, I look up and Voldemort is still standing over me.

"Get up." I stay on the ground.

"I SAID GET UP!" He grabs my neck and pins me against the wall, I struggle to breathe.

"You will wear this locket at all times," he says as he places a green locket over my head and around my neck. Then he let's go of me and I drop to the floor.

"I don't want to!"

"Fine then, take it off. I'm not going to stop you." I look at him cautiously, then I grab at the locket and try to pull it off, but, it starts to tighten. I quickly let go and look at my father again.

"Every time you try to take it off, it will tighten. Eventually, if you keep trying to remove it, it will kill you." He says with an evil smile. "Why don't you take a look inside."

I slowly open it, on one side there is a picture of me on my 10th birthday and on the other side is the Slytherin crest. Suddenly, the snake on the crest comes to life, it comes out of the picture and strikes at my neck. I collapse barely conscious. I can't see Voldemort anymore, but I can hear him.

"One more thing before we part, Velinda," I can imagine the evil look that must be on his face. "CRUCIO!"

I scream again and then I pass out.

"VELINDA!! WAKE UP!!" I try to open my eyes, but I can't.

"VELINDA CAN YOU HEAR ME?" I try to move my hand but my fingers barely twitch.

"I can't move." I say so quietly, that I'm not sure if she can hear me.

"Oh thank goodness, you're alive!" Lizbeth says, "Ellie, can you go get Madam Pomfrey."

"Sure." Ellie says, and then I hear her run out of the room and down the stairs.