Mother

Velinda's POV

I can't believe she still loves me, she doesn't care what house I'm in. I start crying again, but, this time they're tears of joy.

"What's wrong?" Hannah asks. "What did she say?"

"I'm not sad, she said she doesn't care about what house I'm in! She said she still loves me no matter what." I can't stop myself smiling.

"Well, that's good news!" She says, then opens her mouth to continue, but, I make her be quiet. I heard Madam Pomfrey say my name behind the curtain and I want to know what she's saying.

"Headmaster, have you ever seen or heard of a locket like hers?"

"No I haven't, Poppy. I'm going to go contact Velinda's mother, perhaps she will know something."

"But, Headmaster, when she first woke up she said Father. Why don't you contact her father?"

"Because, it is impossible. I cannot talk to the dead, and her father would not give us the information anyway. He is the one who placed the cursed locket around her neck, he is the one who performed the Cruciatus Curse on her, he is the one that attacked her."

"Headmaster, how could he do anything to her if he is dead?"

"Her father is Lord Voldemort."

I hear Madam Pomfrey gasp and then I think she fainted, because there was quite a loud thud on the floor.

"Velinda, sorry. I've got to go to Potions, I'll see you later." Hannah says and gives me a hug before she skips out of the hospital wing.

"Velinda." I turn around to see Dumbledore at the end of my bed. "We think it's best to contact your mother, to see if she knows something about the locket. I know you probably don't want her to find out about your house, but I need her to come to the castle and talk to me."

"Professor, my mother already knows about my house and she is perfectly fine with it. She told me to wait at the fireplace in the Hufflepuff common room tonight and she would talk to me in the fire. You could talk to her then."

"No dear, I need to talk to her immediately."

"Okay." I say nodding.

Dumbledore waves his wand and a silver Phoenix appears.

"Go to Narcissa Malfoy and tell her, It's Dumbledore, come to Hogwarts now, it's about Velinda." The Phoenix turns to fly away. "Oh, and make sure you stay away from Lucius."

"Thank you. For telling it to avoid Lucius, Mum said to keep my house a secret from him."

"I thought she might."

Then a silver badger came into the room and spoke my mother's voice,

"I'm on my way."