two

"LOOK AT THEM," JOY scoffed the next day at breakfast

"LOOK AT THEM," JOY scoffed the next day at breakfast. Marissa raised her eyebrow at her best friend and followed her gaze to see Fabian and Nina cuddling up on the couch.

"Are you jealous?" She teases, nudging Joy's shoulder with her own. Joy scoffed again but didn't answer, suddenly finding her toast more interesting.

Marissa looked to the other side of Joy to see an amused Patricia, trying to hold back her laughter. "I think she's jealous."

"Who's jealous?" Alfie asked, walking into the kitchen, Jerome following close behind.

"Is there a blooming love triangle that we don't know about?" Jerome asked, standing behind Joy. Marissa tried to subtly lean away, for the tall blond idiot was way too close for comfort.

He noticed, and rolled his eyes at her antics, but continued to bother Joy. "Are you jealous of Fabian and Nina, Joy?" He asked, ruffling her hair like she was a child.

"No," Joy denied, but her burning red face kind of gave away her true feelings. Marissa started to feel bad when Alfie and Jerome started to snicker. She turned around and stepped on Jerome's foot, glaring at him to stop.

"I think that's enough now, don't you?" She says. The two boys noticed Marissa's infamous 'look' and immediately shut up, scrambling to their seats at the table. "That's what I thought," She mutters, taking a bite of her cereal.

"Isn't it time for you all to be getting to school?" Victor's voice boomed from the hallway as he walked into the kitchen. All the kids looked down to their watches.

"No," Alfie said.

"We still have a half hour," Marissa finished, scrunching up her eyebrows in confusion.

Victor froze and was silent for a moment. "I think getting to school early would benefit you all greatly, no arguments." They all rolled their eyes and put their dishes in the sink, making their way towards Amun.

"Man, I hate this place," Marissa groans as they enter the building. She was answered with about four people saying "Amen, sister," and they all piled into the lounge, ready to do absolutely nothing for 25 minutes.

Marissa gave out a huff and sat back on one of the couches, turning her body so she can put her feet on the cushions beside her.

"Why are you taking up a whole couch?" Jerome questioned, unable to find a place to sit. Marissa shrugs, her eyes closed. To be honest, Marissa wasn't even listening to what that big lump was saying.

Clearly, he noticed the girl's lack of a witty response, so he sat down. On her legs.

"What the heck-"

"Hey, watch your language, young lady," Jerome said in a faux stern voice, wagging his finger in her face.

"Get off me," Marissa growled, trying to get her legs out from under his body.