sixteen

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING here?" Jerome growled quietly, dragging Brandon by the sleeve further away from the front door

Brandon glanced around him nervously as the three finally stopped a little ways down the road.

"I-" he cleared his throat. "I need to talk to Marissa," he rushed out, noticing Jerome's angry glare.

"No way–"

"Okay," Marissa spoke up. She avoided looking at a surprised Jerome and walked a little closer to Brandon. "Let's talk."

"Not here," Brandon quickly said, glancing at Jerome.

"Whatever you say to her you can say to me," Jerome said, itching to strangle the boy.

Brandon could tell and took a step back.

"Please, Jerome," Marissa pretty much begged. At that moment, all the awful things Brandon has done to her disappeared. She needed to hear him out, no matter how crazy that sounded.

"It's a bad idea," he trailed off, looking unsure about leaving the girl.

Almost as if a light bulb lit up in her head, Marissa had an idea. "Just one last kiss," she suggested, knowing that would be enough to get the boy to get him to leave for a little.

Brandon's eyes widened. Jerome would've laughed if the situation weren't so serious.

"I-uhm" he stuttered, then pursed his lips together and turned around. He did not want to see his ex-almost girlfriend kiss another guy.

This time, Jerome did laugh.

But Marissa's lip muffled it enough so Brandon couldn't hear.

Jerome sent the girl one last grin before walked – skipping – his way back to Anubis, almost in a daze. Marissa shook her head with a chuckle, then remembered who was awkwardly waiting for her just a few steps away.

"What did you want?" Marissa asked, trying to make her tone as monotone as possible. No one could miss the small trace of a grin on her face.

Stupid boys.

"Right," Brandon muttered. "It's about my dad."

That wiped the smile off her face.

"He doesn't know I'm here, but I can't just sit and watch as he–" Brandon rambles. He takes a deep breath before continuing. "He's not a good man, Marissa."

"Jerome!" Amber squealed the moment the boy passed through the front threshold. The boy shook, not expected a shrill voice all of a sudden. "I saw what you and–"

The boy's eyes widen and he rushes towards the blonde, placing his hand firmly over her mouth t stop her from saying anything else. He looks around the hallways to see if anyone else was nearby, and when the close was clear (after sending a very suspicion nod of hello to Fabian), Jerome dragged her to his room to talk.

"Please don't tell anyone," he started off saying after he closed his door shut. Amber looked disappointed and opened her mouth to talk. "Please, Amber, Marissa and I don't want anyone to know."

"It's not like you two were being subtle," Amber argued, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jerome bit his lip. She was right.

"I don't understand why you don't want everyone to know. You two are literally so cute together. I always knew you would be, I called it the day you two met," Amber said matter-of-factly.

Jerome blushed, which, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the bubbly blonde.

"You know it, too, Jerome, don't even try to deny it," she giggled. The boy let his head hang low.

"So, you won't tell anyone?" He tried, even adding in a hopeful smile.

Amber sighed in defeat. "We'll see."

"Why are you telling me this?" Marissa asked, more confused over anything.

"Because I don't like what he's going to people, what he did to you!" Brandon blurted out immediately. Marissa looked surprised. "Maybe I shouldn't have told you that," he mumbled to himself.

"What is he doing to other people, Samuels?" Marissa growled.

Brandon bit his lip. He may as well tell her now, there's no use trying to play it off and trick her into believing he didn't say anything.

"All those people, the ones that used to attend Amun; he's targeting them, Marissa. Just like he targeted your mom. And he's almost found all of them," he spoke softly, carefully watching the girl for her reaction.

It was sad.

She then looked up, a determined look in her eyes. "We've got to stop him."

Brandon looked surprised. "I don't think you know who my father is, Marissa. There is no 'stopping him'," he said, a scoff in his voice.

"Of course we can stop him, all we have to do is tell the police–"

"The police are on his side."

"Oh," Marissa frowned. That makes things a little harder. "Well, we know who he's targeting, maybe we can warn them?" She tried. Brandon looked unsure. "Please, this isn't my first time partaking in weird stuff involving Amun," she said. "I'm pretty sure this school is cursed."

"We can try," Brandon said, a feeling of ease washing over his body.

"Perfect," Marissa smiles. "Let's take down your dad!"

(note!)

hey look I finally updated. gosh im sorry im so bad at this guys.

next one may be in a little over a week, though due to exams. but after that im free!!

hope you enjoyed