fifteen

MARISSA WANTED TO SCREAM

MARISSA WANTED TO SCREAM. All day, Patricia and Joy have been giving her the silent treatment. Whenever eye contact was made, the two girls would give Marissa the stink eye, especially whenever she was around Jerome-

Marissa gasped, stopping dead in her tracks on her way home from school. Jerome, who was walking with her, stopped as well and gave the girl a strange look.

"What happened-"

Before the last word could even come out, Marissa was blurting, "They know!" loudly, attracting the attention of the other Amun students nearby.

"Know what?" Jerome asked confused, bringing Marissa to a slightly less crowded area. He did not feel like controlling an audience today.

"About us," she whispered harshly.

"Who's 'they', though?" Jerome said, feeling his face go pale at the thought of people knowing about... well whatever he and Marissa were.

"Patricia and Joy, duh," Marissa replied, trying her hardest to not roll her eyes. Jerome raised his arms up in surrender.

"Well, what makes you think that they know," Jerome asked, looking around the area to make sure no one was nearby, before taking Marissa's hand in his and leading her in a different direction.

The girl didn't question it, she already knew where they were going.

"They've ignored me all day," she started. "And whenever they have something on their mind, they always tell me. And they've given us weird looks all day," she finishes, glancing up at the blond with a sure look in her eyes.

Jerome bit his lip. Marissa was right, but he knew if he said that, she would start feeling bad. Instead he took her hands and led her to the rock, letting her sit first before he took a seat beside her.

She let her head lean on his shoulder for a while, the silence relaxing her rapid heartbeat. If it wasn't for Jerome's sudden gasp, she would've fallen asleep.

"What happened?" She asked, looking up at him worriedly.

He put his index finger to his mouth, whispering a quiet shhh before he got up from the rock and started walking towards a certain section of the forest.

Marissa scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion and got up as well, following the boy. She got close enough to touch the small of his back. "What's going on?" She mumbled, loud enough for Jerome to hear.

"I heard someone walking around," he mumbled back, using one of his arms to make sure Marissa was behind him.

The girl frowned.

"Jerome? Marissa?" A voice called from in the woods.

Jerome relaxed. It was only Alfie.

"What are you doing here?" Jerome asked his best friend, a small smile growing on his face.

Alfie grinned, "Wanted to find you guys for... something?" The end of his sentence came out as more of a question. He scratched the back of his head. "I don't really remember, to be honest with you," he said.

Marissa chuckled and stepped to the side, making herself visible to Alfie. The boy grinned at the sight of her.

"Was it for dinner?" Marissa suggested, trying to help the boy figure out what he forgot.

Alfie shook his head, "No, that's not it." The girl pursed her lips, getting only a little frustrated.

"How about we just go back to Anubis now?" Jerome suggested quickly, before grabbing Marissa's hand lightly and walking out the way they came. Alfie followed along silently, a focused look on his face.

"I'm scared he's going to pop a brain cell or something," Marissa whispered to Jerome after quickly looking behind her at her thinking friend. Jerome chuckled, throwing his arm over her shoulders and bringing her in for a side hug.

The rest of the walk was spent in silence, and if it weren't for Marissa freezing up from beside him, Jerome would've just walked into the house like nothing was wrong.

But something was wrong.

Marissa slowly walked backwards, hoping he hasn't seen her yet, but she bumped into Alfie.

"Wh-?" He shook his head, snapping himself out of it. He looked up to the Anubis house porch and made a sound of realization. "Now I remember why you needed to come back, Marissa!" He said loudly, attracting the attention of the boy by the open house door. "Brandon's here!"

(note!)
shortshortshortshortshort

heheheheheh im sorry I made you all wait so long for this piece of crap lol

anyways enjoy?