three

THE DAY, NO, SCRATCH that, the whole week has been total and complete wack

Let's start with today for example. Trudy woke up with quite possibly the worst cold imaginable, so that led to the very much incapable teenagers to learn how to be somewhat capable. "Every man for himself" is the motto Marissa is going to go by today.

Anyways, the kitchen was a mess. Alfie and Jerome were determined to make themselves (yes, themselves, they wouldn't even share) an English breakfast. Alfie was on bacon duty, while Jerome was in charge of poaching the eggs. He wasn't doing a very good job.

The girls and Fabian ignored them and tried to make their own, less difficult and time-consuming, breakfast. Marissa went for the only thing she is capable of making: porridge. While everyone else was struggling, and being an untalented mess, she stuck to her motto and stayed as far away as she could from them

The mess they created was very literal and very terrifying, the vegetables Jerome and Alfie tried to cut started to fly all over the place. Marissa very narrowly missed getting struck in the face with a flying tomato.

About fifteen minutes later, she was full and satisfied, while everyone else had to leave the house breakfast-less. It was hilarious, really, the walk to Amun was filled with angry mutters, and Marissa is pretty sure someone cursed her.

Marissa repeats, but alters her saying: those teenagers are very incapable.

-

Four classes have gone by, and there are still four more to go, but the group all chose to spend their lunch hour in the lounge, for some reason. She doesn't really know why they do that, there's a perfectly good cafeteria right around the corner.

She takes her place at her usual couch by the stage, putting both her feet up like normal, and making sure there are at least three plastic chairs put out so Jerome doesn't complain he has nowhere to sit again. Marissa will put more chairs out herself if she has to.

She leans back on the couch, smiling to herself when she gets to bring out her book and finally read for the first time in forever (it's been like a week). Even when the Trouble Twins walk in, Marissa does her best to ignore them as much as possible, enjoying her book way too much. She turns the page and read that, and the next and the next, until something falls out of one of them.

At first, Marissa is terrified it was one of the pages, everyone already knows they're going to get it from her and her hockey stick if they come anywhere near her books (Alfie and Jerome learned that the hard way). Marissa looks down and sighs in relief when she realizes it's not a page, but a letter.

Addressed to her.

This is kind of ironic, considering she's reading Harry Potter.

She turns it around to open it, but the big, bold letters spelling out OPEN IN PRIVATE stops her. She shrugs and stuffs it in her bag, forgetting to open it despite it being the most important thing she could have ever done.

She should have just opened it.