You, Me, and the Fat Baby Makes Three

or the one where Harry hasn't been on a proper date in ages. also, he has a kid with platinum blonde hair, and makes a living by creating his own candy.

tumblr: harryforvogue

**

The boy in his arms looks so innocent, it's hard for Harry to tear his eyes away from him. Just shy of 9 months, he's innocent and is a perfect mix of his mother and him. He's asleep, of course, because that's all he seems to be doing since he was born, and although the silence is lovely, Harry wishes he could wake him up and play with him a bit. In front of him, there's a scatter of blocks where his son, Pete, was playing earlier in his pen before Harry had found his head bobbing and his eyes slowly shutting. In that moment, Harry had closed his laptop and knelt down to his knees, slowly gathering his baby into his arms.

He had the full intention of bringing him upstairs and laying the baby into the crib, but now just watching the boy sleep leaves him wondering why he even lets him sleep alone detached from his father. Pete's full cheeks are looking unbelievably kissable and Harry has to hold himself back from kissing him because there's nothing like Pete getting rashes on his cheeks when Harry doesn't shave, and they both lose sleep when that happens. Not to mention the lecture he receives from his mother when she comes by and sees Harry sheepishly holding his baby in his arms, both of their cheeks red.

He gives in eventually, pressing a single kiss to Pete's forehead. His son doesn't stir, he's a pretty deep sleeper, and it's pretty efficient normal days, but Harry sort of wishes he could wake up right now and give him father some love.

Fuck knows he needs it.

What makes Harry feel better about being a single parent at the age of 25 is how Pete resembles him to the slightest features. So when people coo at his son and tell him how beautiful he is, Harry can't help that feeling of pride swell in his chest, because Pete is his to keep forever and ever. They've got the green eyes and the dimples, and even though Pete's hair is blond right now, Harry knows he'll soon inherit the thick, untameable locks.

The only part of him that resembles his mother is his nose. That tiny nose that flutters whenever Harry taps his finger against it, that runs whenever he cries. It's a button nose, and it's so much like hers. The woman who isn't in his life anymore.

"But we don't need her," Harry whispers to the sleeping body, a sad smile spreading across his face. "Nobody needs a meanie mumma."

The truth is that Harry would rather have the worst partner in the world as opposed to the silence he receives when he came home from work and the emptiness of the bed. Never did he ever think that he'd be a single father. He was too much of a romantic, yet here he was. But, for his son's sake, it's enough for him to know Pete is waiting for him at home.

"We don't need anyone," Harry sniffles, hastily wiping a tear before it hits his son's face. "As long as we've got each other."

**

"Oi!"

The September sun is shining on Harry as he lays on his back, soaking up every ounce of the sun's rays he can. The weather is unusually warm, thus he needs to take every bit advantage of it. His hands on behind his head and his son is right besides him, and the only thing keeping his eyes closed is his son's hand on his stomach letting him know he's right there. It's like a balance between them. Harry's reminded that Pete is there and vice versa.

"Oi!"

It's a perfect day to receive some Vitamin D especially since his son had woken up in a slightly bitter mood. To amend things, Harry strapped his little man into the stroller after lunch and then took him out for a walk. He keeps a little box of all of his favorite toys in the compartment center along with snacks and milks. At nearly nine months, the baby is able to recognize certain things as they go out together a lot. There had been a lovely rain yesterday evening so the smell of fresh grass and flowers was enough to calm Pete down and let him relax into his seat as his father pushed the stroller towards the park.