I'll Be There For You

Anonymous said:

hi sarah!! on patreon u had a blurb where harry and his girl were fighting and she passed out and was in the hospital but he didn't know for hours, did u post that on here or would u be willing to? it was so good and it was my fav and I think I reread it like a million times

i got u boo boo

***

Anne arrives before her son does, holding an expression on her face that represents clearly what Harry must be feeling. Y/N's never seen her so upset, so concerned, it almost makes her heart drop with guilt. She steps into the E.R. and heads over to her bed, attempting to wipe some of the worry off her face.

"Hi honey," she says, reaching for her hand. "How are you feeling now?"

"Better," Y/N answers with a smile. "I'm really okay, I keep telling everyone. Just a little tumble."

"They told me you're dehydrated. What happened?"

"Something like that. I'm okay. Just got a bit dizzy at the supermarket and fell over," she assures her again. "I promise. In fact, Harry doesn't even need to be here. I'll go home by–"

"Actually," Anne interjects, shifting uneasily on her feet. "He's on his way already. I couldn't not tell him, honey, no matter what's going on between you two."

Her shoulders slump. "Is he upset?" she asks timidly.

"Just worried. I forced him to get off the phone before he began to drive, but if you call him right now, he might..."

Y/N stops her, shaking her head. "No, no. I should leave him to drive. Unless..." her face brightens slightly at a new thought. "You could get him to stay at work and not worry about coming here."

There's no hesitation to Anne's voice as she speaks, "You know he'd never listen." She looks as if she'd like to say more, but it takes her a moment to supposedly gather her thoughts. Y/N can see the turmoil in her head, though, as she speaks up again. "I get everything isn't okay at home. Could this have resulted from this?"

The question catches her by surprise. She's known that Harry and his mother talk about their relationship, but she doesn't know the depths of how much she knows. By this question, she assumes she knows enough.

"Everything is okay," she tries to tell her.

Anne offers her a shrug and squeezes her hand. "I'm getting two sides of the story."

"Harry said something like that? That things are rough at home? What's he saying?" Her voice is getting increasingly louder and Anne's eyes widen as she presses a hand to her shoulder and pushes her back down so her back can touch the pillow.

"Easy, honey, easy. He's just said that you two had an argument. And if there's stress from that, then you might not have been paying attention to yourself..."

She knows that her son can be a knob at times, and she may have her own opinions on the ample fights that the couple has, but for now she'll stay silent and keep her nose out of it. It's difficult to do when she loves these two very much.

"No, no," Y/N insists with a frown on her face. "We are okay. I mean, it's just a fight, but it wouldn't–"

Harry walks into the E.R., speaks to the first nurse he finds, and then locks eyes with her and the nurse points in her direction. There's a pained expression on his face that makes her glance away. She's strong enough to take a tumble in the frozen food section of the supermarket, sustain a few bruises too, but she's definitely not strong enough to handle the sadness on his face. She just can't.