Thunderstorm

i just wanted to let everyone know that you will be getting a TON of notifications from me since i'm basically unloading all my fics from patreon onto you. i'm sorry if it's a bit overwhelming. x

the one where demon!harry takes angel!y/n out for a walk during a storm. this is smut and nothing but smut.

***

Harry's usually full of great ideas, but this one has to — by far — be his worst one. It could have just been a lazy Friday evening. It could have just snuggled with each other, maybe made out and felt each other up, grind against each other with just a thin layer of sheets between them, but of course not. Nothing is ever boring with Harry.

Not that there's anything wrong with always having constant excitement in their lives, but...one quiet evening would have been lovely.

When the rain picks up outside and London shows her true colors, it's as if Harry's ears have perked up and his eyes open. She swore he was taking a nap on the couch as she ate some leftovers at the dining table, but his head had shot up. He lazily searches for her his girlfriend, and when he locks eyes with her, he opens his mouth to utter the words she'd never imagine he would.

"Let's go for a walk."

She really had no excuse. Her dinner was finished and she wasn't tired, so she let Harry place her jacket on her shoulders and then dragged her out of the house.

Now, as thunder booms in the distance and lightning lights up the sky, she's regretting it.

Y/N hides her face in Harry's shoulder, whimpering. "I really, really don't like this."

Harry laughs to himself and cups the back of her head, scratching her scalp. "It's alright, darling. I'm here. Nothin' gonna get you. How can you be scared of a little thunder, but not demons?"

"One in every 700,000 people get struck by lightning." Her voice is muffled against his shirt, fright in her tone. "It's gonna be me. And I hate demons! Just not you."

He laughs again, pressing a firm kiss to her forehead. "No, it won't be you, silly. Come on, we're almost at the park."

"There's so much metal at the park," she complains, shaking her head. "Let's just go home, Harry."

A crack of lightning illuminates the sky again and it looks breathtaking, but Y/N's head is still hidden in her boyfriend's neck. "Look at that," he says in wonder. "So pretty."

She opens her eyes and lifts her head up momentarily to glance up at the sky, but she helps when she sees lightning and then places her face back into him. "Let's go home," she insists. "I'll make some popcorn and we can watch Stranger Things all over again. Come on."

"My girlfriend is such a scaredy cat," he chuckles, holding her close to him. "We're almost there. You can do it."

"I can also knee you in the balls and run away."

"Try it. See what happens."

She doesn't hit him, but drags her feet against the pavement to force him to haul her down the street.

"You know, I never ridicule your phobias."

Harry hums. "Because I don't have any."

"Oh please. Remember when we went to the shelter and you held your crotch the entire time around the larger dogs. Even though you probably see them all the time in Hell."

"First of all, I'm not Hades. And for your information, that is a perfectly reasonable fear!"

Y/N rolls her eyes and sighs. "Right. So let be me scared."