Look At You With Your Mouth Watering (II)

or the fic where Nisha manages a farm, Harry's a law student, and Raina just really wants to set her daughter up with someone good. 10k words.

this part is dedicated to anyone who has had their appendix removed.

(I'll make a new book for their blurbs once I write...said blurbs heh. In case you didn't know, my other OCs have their own books dedicated to their blurbs and other extras, so check them out of you'd like. I talk so much more about my stories on tumblr, so I'd be happy if you'd join me there as well. Thanks for reading!)

***

Harry's seen the hectic behind the scenes for weddings, having organized his sister's, but this is some next level panic. When his phone goes off, it's Nisha on the other side and she's not her usual sweet morning self. Instead, it's a demanding, "Where are you?"

He opens his eyes and peers at the clock on the wall, vision still swarming with sleep. "Wha–?"

"It's 3. Why aren't you here getting ready? I'm trying to do my make up and my mom is on my ass about you, white boy. Where are you?"

"Oh," he mumbles, running a hand over his face. "I was taking a nap."

"Get your butt over here so we can get you into the kurta."

"Mm... the what?"

"Now, Harold." She hangs up the phone and his screen goes black. He tosses his phone away, throwing his covers off his body, pushing his palms against the leather of his couch to force himself into an upwards position, his feet landing on the hardwood floor. A yawn rips through him and he rubs his eyes until he sees stars, only getting up once they disappear from his view.

He brushes his teeth and takes a quick shower, putting on sweats and a t-shirt with slides to walk past the field to Nisha's house, patting his cheek harshly a couple times to wake himself up.

He's still rubbing his eyes and yawning when the door opens and he nearly doubles over when he takes in the view in front of him, one of his hand's resting on his chest where his heart lies, eyes wide. "Whoa," he finally says, mouth slightly agape.

Harry's not one to ever be speechless. He never has been since he's always got something witty to follow up with. In fact, his profession doesn't allow him to have a blank mind for even a second, so the emotions that run through his body when she opens the door and looks at him make him want to become the mass amount of sheep fur in the bags to the right of the barn, because that's exactly how he feels. His Adam's apple bobs as he swallows, taking her in, mouth still open.

She's wearing a green lehenga. That's what it's called right? It's in two pieces, her soft stomach exposed and he almost feels shy looking at a part of her that he's never seen, but he can't help but let his eyes wander a bit. The color of her dress isn't the same shade as his eyes, much darker, and it lays so beautifully against her brown skin, her hair in curls covering her bare shoulders. She already has her jewelry on, everything gold. She even has bangles that make a wonderful sound when she snaps her fingers in front of his face. He notices her henna then too.

"You're late," she says, tapping her bare foot impatiently. "Raina is waiting for you upstairs. Did you shower?"

"Yes," he finally says, shutting his mouth. "Erm, yes. I did, that's why I was... late. Nisha. You look–" He really tries to continue but nothing comes out. He can't continue. He just closes his mouth.

"Harry!" Raina's voice booms behind Nisha before he could form a thought, and his attention breaks, forcing his eyes to her mother. "It's good that you're here. Come inside and let's get you dressed."