FOUR.

IT was a dragging, silent two days for karlie. taylor hadn't called or texted her since she came clean about the recording. karlie didn't want to come off as pushy and pester taylor to talk to her. but finally, the day was finally here! her girlfriend was coming home.

karlie tidied up the house, washed the sheets, fluffed up the pillows, and dusted the shelves. she wanted things to be perfect as she knew taylor was a neat freak. as she went onto the next shelf to dust it, she picked up a picture frame. it was a dirty gold frame that taylor picked up at a farmers market one day. inside, there held a picture of the pair, smiling at the camera at a carnival, a stick of cotton candy in karlie's hand. the green eyed girl smiled at the photo, reminiscing. she placed it back gently and as she did, her phone began to rang. could it be taylor?

karlie ran up to her phone but to her disappointment, it was an unknown phone number, "hello?," karlie answered.

"hi!," a voice chirped, "is this karlie... karlie kloss?"

"yes, this is she. who is this?," she asked.

"oh, sorry. it's cara! i just wanted to let you know that you have the job at the home café as a barista! your shift starts tomorrow. you said you were free most times of the day so i scheduled you from 9am until 4pm. sound good?"

"woah! thank you so much. you have no idea how much this means to me. yes, i'll be there," karlie said, trying to make her voice sound steady - she couldn't help it. she was excited for this job.

"great! i'll see you then. bye, karlie." cara answered. the girl bit her lip and said her goodbye and hung up. she smiled, things maybe were looking up.

meanwhile, taylor's songs play and likes were doubling each day. the youtube video had 900,000 views while on soundcloud, an astounding 2.4 million streams, even a few bigger artists like lorde retweeting the song. karlie was elated. she even put one of taylor's old junk emails if anyone became interested in possibly signing her. karlie was happy so many people could hear taylor's song; she was proud of her girlfriend. she sent taylor a text:

to: taylor 👼💞
from: karlie
hey bub. your song is becoming bigger and bigger by the second!! so proud of u. i know that we've been in a hard place but i'm excited for u to come home. i even tidied 😉. let me know when you're coming home.

from: taylor 👼💞
to karlie:
Hey. I saw. Thanks for cleaning the place. I should be coming home at 3:30pm. I'll see you then 💙.

karlie glanced at the clock. 2:00pm. an hour and a half. the green eyed girl had decided to do something nice for her girlfriend since it was awhile since they've seen each other. throwing on a pair of sweatpants and one of taylor's hoodies, she grabbed her wallet and keys, deciding on going for a walk to the flower shop. she plugged in earphones and played easy by mac ayres, one of taylor's favorite songs. it was nice day so she decided to take a trip to the the florist and get her some flowers.

once upon reaching the store, a bouquet of beautiful, snow white roses stood out. the dark green leaves contrasted beautifully against the white, all being blended together with the brown parchment paper that held the bouquet. under was a sign that read: newest bouquets!

 under was a sign that read: newest bouquets!

karlie knew taylor would love these. upon reaching the cashier desk, an array of cards stood out. on the very bottom was a card with a drawing of a feline cat that read: these are fur you! the younger girl chuckled, taylor could never resist a good pun. as she stood in line to checkout, the cashier asked, "who're these for? whoever's receiving it must be very lucky!"

karlie blushed, "yeah, they're for my girlfriend. she's coming back from her month long trip. i thought i'd surprise her with this," she explained. the cashier nodded and handed her the receipt, wishing her a fantastic day. karlie thanked the nice lady and left. it was 2:45. enough time to get home and write the letter.

when she had arrived home, karlie set down the bouquet on the counter. she grabbed a pen and took the card out from her purse and began writing:

my sweet taylor,

i know we're in quite the tough situation. but i want you to know that my intent was never to hurt you or inflict any pain. i'm sorry that i was inconsiderate and selfish. but i know how badly you've wanted to sing and write; your talent is incredible. i just wanted to the world to know how amazing you are. i wanted - and still do - you to spread your light like how you lit up my world. opportunities don't just come up like this. what were the chances your song would've became an overnight hit? i think the universe is telling you something, babe.

i'm not saying to give up your other dreams of journalism because i know how hard you worked for that degree, tay. but like how you've given me a chance, give this song career a chance. so many people love you already. do you know how many comments i've read about people wanting to "cuff" you? over your voice? (but little do they know your mine and mine only. oops) just think about it.

i also rarely ever get the time to sit down and write these things so bare my cheesiness but i want you to know that you're my everything. ever since i saw you in that stupid writing class (which, i probably couldn't have passed without you - honestly), i knew i had to talk to you. there's this undeniable connection between us. you've brought nothing but pure joy these last few years and i'm so happy of everything we've accomplished as a couple. i was just dusting the shelves today and came across that old photo of us at the carnival. feels like yesterday, though. remember when i kissed you on the top of that ferris wheel and we saw that brilliant view of the city? good ass times.

thank you for bearing with my stubbornness and messy habits all the time. thank you for cooking my meals and making sure i eat healthy. thank you for always checking up on my well being. thank you for being you.

i am so happy that i can call you mine. what did i ever do to deserve taylor alison swift? nothing. your beauty is incomparable to any other, your intellect is untouchable, and your personality is so bright. i love love love looove you, taylor, my baby, my darling, my one and only. i can't wait to see what the future has in store for us ❤️.

forever yours,
karlie

ps. i put one of your junk emails in the description of your videos... just in case somebody reaches out to you. remember taylorkittycat13@aol.com? might want to check it sometime.
pps. you come home in about 20 minutes and i cannot wait.
ppps. okay, this is getting cheesy. i love you.

karlie placed the card in the envelope and sealed it shut. she placed the flowers and card on the dining table, doodling taylor's name on the front. now, it was a waiting game.

//

1258 WORDS

yikes something about to go down :( next chapter finna be SAD. but, we'll be moving onto the present soon soooo 👀

i'm posting frequently cause i want to really kickoff this story but if u haven't checked yet, i posted my one shot story called sugar rush. check it out if you'd like :)

anyway, ty for reading!! i love u. see y'all soon.

question of the chapter:
what do you think is going on through taylor's head. how do you think she'll handle the fame?

all the love,
kaela 🌷