FIVE.

SHE stared at the clock. it was 7pm. nearly four hours later than when taylor said she'd be here. fist clenched, she still hadn't heard from taylor. she sent her girlfriend five texts, called her four times, and left three voicemails. not even a single reply or call back. was something wrong? was taylor hurt? she got up from her chair, debating on whether to call one of taylor's friends or even her parents. karlie being anxious was an understatement. what if taylor was in a really bad situation? karlie didn't know this friend of taylor's whom was dropping her off... the younger girl felt off about this whole thing.

she paced around their living room, endless thoughts spinning through her mind. she went up to the window and looked at the night sky just to ease her thoughts. it'll be fine, taylor's phone is probably dead or something. and as if one queue, she looked below to the parking lot, a mysterious car pulled up - a black SUV. this was strange because there was a gate in the front which could only be entered if you lived in one of the complexes and she didn't recall any one of her neighbors owning this type of car. perhaps it was taylor? she watched as the car parked in front of her building. the front passenger seat opened and out stepped a figure who was tall and blonde. this had to be her girlfriend. but, karlie wasn't too sure as their apartment was on the third floor.

she soon spotted a familiar purse on the figure. a YSL tan handbag. yep, it was taylor. she remembered, as her girlfriend was the type to indulge in luxury items every so once in awhile. karlie went with her to buy the purse as taylor had saved up a little for it. she, on the other hand never understood the purpose of designer bags. the only thing remotely designer she had was a fancy perfume and a tiny chanel card holder - all from which taylor gifted her.

she saw her girlfriend go to the trunk of the car and pull out a big luggage. she sighed a sigh of relief. she was home! and alive! she wasn't sure if she was mad or upset at taylor. so far, she was simply just confused. why hadn't taylor reach out to her? after a bit, the driver's side of the door opened and a gorgeous woman stepped out of the car. she had slick, dirty blonde hair that was pulled up into a ponytail. she was wearing a bomber jacket, with the sleeves pulled up and skinny jeans on. karlie bit her lip, confused. so this was taylor's friend? she saw as the blue eyed girl reached for a hug and saw as the unknown woman reciprocated the hug, hands lingering on the lower back of taylor. way too intimate and way too long for just a friendly hug.

but, karlie just assured herself that this was nothing. she took a breath and pulled away from the window... but something then caught her eye. this woman was leaning into taylor's face. her eyes widened, no fucking way.

she then proceeded to cup taylor's cheek. she couldn't see the front of her face and taylor did too look confused. she expected her girlfriend to push off this creep but just as she was going to laugh about it all, the exact opposite happened.

taylor kissed the woman. in front of their fucking apartment. for the whole world to see. she saw as the undisclosed woman pushed taylor against the back of the car door, progressing it into a full on make out session. karlie closed the curtain, too in shock to process what just happened. she sat down on the couch putting a hand to her mouth to stifle her cry, tears brimming. a few days ago, taylor said she wasn't so sure she could trust karlie but here she was, making out with another woman. she sniffled, tears streaming against her face. how could this happen? why did this happen? karlie had been so damn loyal and this was how her love and affection was received? taylor cheated on karlie. after two and a half years of building a life for themselves, this was how their relationship was going to end? the younger girl could feel her heart shattering, she felt her heart fragmenting into a million tiny pieces.

she heard the familiar click of the door. taylor was coming. she didn't even want to look at her probably ex-girlfriend. the door creaked, "hey kar-oh my. karlie, are you okay?," taylor said softly, approaching the younger woman. she reached to hug karlie but the green eyed girl retaliated.

"w-what's wrong, baby?" taylor asked, voice wavering. karlie flinched at the nickname. she could see the slight smear in the bright read lipstick she was wearing.

"do not 'baby' me and don't ever touch me again, you fucking cheater. i-i saw what happened. you made out with that chick," she sobbed, watching as taylor's smile falter, "so is that what you're doing in new york? finding girls to fuck? why? why?!" karlie's scolded, voice raising.

"i don't-what're you talking about, karlie? you're just imagining stuff. i love you, i would never-"

"you'd never, hm? i just saw with my own eyes, taylor!" she snapped, taking a step back, shaking her head. "how could you do this to us? after everything we've been though? i 'violate' your trust by wanting the best for you and posting your song and you violate mine by making out with another woman? how could you?!" karlie cried out.

taylor sighed, "you're right. but karlie, you keep holding onto me as if we're a brand new couple! i needed to get out of my comfort zone and connecticut felt so... so dull. i needed space, i needed to breathe, kar," there was a pause "i still love you! i never meant to take it this far to you but how was i suppose to ask for a break? we live together, we have a life together and i wasn't so ready to lose it. we maybe just need space."

karlie simply shook her head, "no. no! you want to get out of your comfort zone? take a look at your music! you're so... blinded by this set life you built for yourself. why can't you ever stray off that path? wake up, taylor. the world doesn't revolve around you. god, i can't believe you right now. trying to turn the tables on me? do you think i'm that dumb?" she gritted her teeth, "i'm going to go pack my things and we'll sort this out. i'm going to go find a hotel or something... maybe stay with josh, i don't know. but don't call or text me since you don't have the decency to return mine," karlie mumbled, going into their bedroom and gathering their things.

taylor entered shortly after her, "i'm sorry, okay? don't leave, please. we can work this out. i-we both know how much we need each other," the blonde sniffled.

"leave me alone, taylor," karlie said quietly. she threw in some shirts and leggings into her suitcase. she paused. "i don't know how long i'll be away... but you're right, we should take a break. go to new york or something, find love, i don't fucking know. invite your side chick over, whatever her name is."

"gigi," taylor whispered.

"yeah, sure. go fuck gigi," karlie mumbled. she zipped up the suit case and grabbed her purse. "i don't know when we'll see each other again. take care of the house while i'm away. bye, taylor," she said, opening the door.

the younger girl paused and looked into taylor's eyes. they were watery and her lip was trembling. maybe if she looked into those blue eyes for a second longer, she might've stayed. maybe.

she shut the door behind her and got into her car, gripping the steering wheel, driving to god knows where.

1327 WORDS

omg sorry i had to do that to y'all YIKES. but we're gonna be returning to the present soon so stay tuned. we're almost at 500 reads now tho. ty guys so much!!

question of the story:
how're you enjoying the story so far? what changes can be made?

all the love,
kaela 🌷