EPILOGUE

it had been five months since that day. life had changed quite a bit: karlie got signed officially to IMG, taylor was working on her new album 'lover', and they both were officially a couple.

karlie's days were busy. she always thought modeling was just standing in front of a camera and posing but she was wrong. it was so much more than that. it was contouring your body to fit the right look of the shoot and being able to be flexible with schedules and looks. you had to be versatile and tough in the industry. she learned this while her first runway show. her first ever runway was for alexander wang - a huge gig and opportunity. it was overwhelming with all these flawless women who've been in the industry for years. but taylor was right in the audience, watching and comforting her. karlie eventually got used to things, she was a natural. she loved her job. in the beginning, it was hard because she had to leave behind cara and josh to pursue her career in new york. she missed the diner, her friends but they supported her nevertheless. and, she visited often so the distance felt short.

taylor, on the other hand, began writing music again. these days, it was normal for taylor to be humming some random tune and then for her to be running to her piano or guitar to capture the song idea before it flew away. the first song she wrote after getting back together was called "lover", a dreamy song about their relationship. it was beautiful and definitely her favorite song. taylor was busy with constructing her album and working with producers. their busy schedules made the time they had together feel so much more intimate and special. but of course, karlie did miss taylor all the time especially with her travels. karlie, in these five months, has been to more countries than she has in her entire life. paris, tokyo, toronto, los angeles... everywhere! and, she was due to walk milan fashion week in a few months.

but, they made it work. and, both their managements knew they were together. despite warnings from management about being seen together, karlie and taylor went out on dates and were publicly affectionate. at first, the tabloids went wild. they wanted to know everything about karlie and they picked apart taylor's sexuality. taylor took to instagram and wrote a post explaining their love story to millions. it was almost... groundbreaking. fans and other celebrities praised the two, garnering support all over. however, their relationship seemed to be under a microscope, a spectacle of sorts. and, it was hard. it was still an ongoing struggle but she didn't want to make it something that it wasn't. and plus, since then, there were plenty more dramas and stories to be reported and it quickly faded as "old news". they did live together which karlie was hesitant about but it was reassuring being around one other and getting used to each other's habits and quirks again.

their families were nonchalant about it. they knew the two. although, karlie's family was a bit skeptical. but, when meeting taylor again for the first time in years, it was good again. karlie's mother brought up old inside jokes and overall, it was a peaceful reunion between the two's families. karlie also settled things with margot. she explained the situation and they both agreed it was better to just remain friends. plus, at a party they had attended together, margot happened to meet a woman named selena. the two quickly fell in love and margot had moved on.

today was saturday and despite their busy weeks, they both decided it was best to take a day off and have a date night. taylor made some lobster ravioli for the two and put on a rom com in the background. karlie set up the table and poured some white wine for the both of them.

"dinner is served," taylor mused as she set down the platter of ravioli.

"oh my god, that smells so good," karlie exclaimed as she pulled out her chair. taylor's cooking was always the best. 

taylor chuckled and placed a bowl of salad on the side. she took a sip of wine before sitting down.

"i remember when we went out to that old italian place in connecticut and you'd order that spinach ravioli," taylor said, gazing up at karlie.

karlie chuckled and nudged taylor, "yeah and you ordered that cheese pizza. i miss those days," she replied. in a weird way, it was nice having history to reflect on - a period of time where they weren't under the spotlight. from time to time, they'd chime in on old memories and fond moments they shared. they were still the same yet different at the same time. it was different circumstances now. but still, both karlie and taylor found a way back to each other despite the odds, despite all of the obstacles. they knew each ofher.

the pair settled into a comfortable silence, watching thirteen going on thirty from their dining room. karlie broke away from the TV to look up at taylor and smiled fondly. taylor was chewing slowly while watching the movie. a piece of hair hung in front of her face. karlie moved a bit to tuck back the piece of hair behind taylor's ear.

"hey, what're you doing?" taylor chuckled playfully. she moved her chair so she was right next to karlie. still, after all these years, the presence of the blonde made karlie's heart pound.

"nothing," karlie replied, laughing softly.

taylor smiled and kissed karlie gently, and she could smell taylor's chanel perfume lingering on her skin. the kiss waa fleeting and quick but it was nonetheless, familiar.

"i love you, tay," karlie said quietly. 

"quite random," taylor chuckled, "but, i love you too," taylor said while she fiddled with her promise necklace.

and with that, karlie knew that it was going to be okay. every hardship, heartbreak, and tribulation led her right back to taylor. karlie chose not to dwell on what could've been because all that mattered was that she was sitting right next to her soulmate, watching some rom com. it was perfect. and, taylor consistently proved again and again that she changed and that she is a better person. from the flowers that would be delivered at her office to the spontaneous love letters from taylor she'd find in her purse, it was everything she could ask for. ultimately, they found their way back to one another.

it all worked out.

1101 words.
wow. we've reached the end. it's finished omg.