THIRTEEN.

RESEARCH in hand, karlie quickly had learned that IMG models was a huge agency that booked their models onto shows that she couldn't even fathom. prada? gucci? karlie couldn't even imagine. models under IMG included kendall jenner, hailey bieber, and way more famous names than she could grasp. amongst those, however, was gigi hadid. karlie had flinched when she saw her name. she didn't realize how much power gigi had as she saw her name under IMG's "top models" page. the blonde was booked to walk for chanel next week and for milan fashion week.

although it seemed like an amazing opportunity, karlie couldn't help but feel weirded out by it all. what would happen if she took the offer? leave behind all she ever knew? josh and cara were here - two people she loved with all her heart. it just seemed too good to be true. although the money would help, she felt peace and contentment in connecticut. modeling has never been on her radar, either. sure, plenty of people commented on karlie's looks and complimented her but she didn't take them too seriously. plus, who even sent in a portfolio anyway? who recommended her to IMG? either way, she knew it had to be a big name who sent it in because she saw that it was hard to get an interview. models usually started with small agencies and work their way up.

but still, a little something nagged on karlie's heartstrings. something was telling her to follow through with it. something.

karlie sighed. she picked up her phone and made a phone call to cara. she didn't even know how to explain all of this.

"hello?" cara's voice echoed.

"cara, it's me. you won't believe this," karlie rushed.

after explaining everything, there was a long pause. cara was clearly just as shocked as karlie was.

"god, karlie. what do i even say? i mean, i know you're hesitant about this but... this is amazing! you need to take this opportunity, babe. you know how much josh and i want you to do something more than the café. this is it. this is a sign. and, who cares if gigi is signed under IMG? it's not like you two will be working together," cara mused.

karlie bit her lip, "yeah, i know. i just don't know if i'm ready to get into the competitive world of modeling. those girls are as much gorgeous as they are viscous!" she chuckled, "but seriously, cara. i'm grateful for this opportunity. i-i just don't think it's made for me, you know? i don't even have a background in modeling. i don't know who even sent in my portfolio," she rambled.

"karls, it doesn't matter who sent it in. you have an opportunity to do something exciting, different... i say go for it. just fly to new york and see how it is. if you don't like it, you can always come home, hm?" cara proposed.

it didn't seem like a horrible idea. if anything, karlie agreed with cara. she was in her late 20's. heck, she had high school friends and college classmates getting married, traveling, and being successful. karlie had an opportunity to be something, do something real for once.

"you're right. i'll just," she took a deep breath, "respond to this damn email," she laughed.

"yes, you got this babe! let me know how it goes," cara said cheerfully.

"of course. love you. i'll talk to you soon," karlie spoke softly.

from: karliekloss@gmail.com
to: imgmodels@IMG.com
re: Modeling position

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out and offering me this opportunity. I've decided that I would love to fly to New York and meet you and your team. I hope to hear back soon.

Sincerely,
Karlie Kloss

from: imgmodels@IMG.com
to: karliekloss@gmail.com
re: Modeling Position

Karlie,

We're glad to hear that. I'll have my assistant send you more information to this email address. From there, we'll send flight and hotel info. See you soon!

Amanda

hI ITS BEEN AWHILE SORRY LOL