The letter

Bold is written letter. My italics don't work :((
Oh and spoilers from season two I guess
This is like maybe a couple months to a year and a half or so after. They kept writing letters to each other. Keep that in mind lol idk where I'm going with this so bare with me and don't @ me if it don't make sense cuz I could care less
Ha I'm such a bad person anyway most of you have probably ignored this I don't blame you
—————

Callum,
I don't know if I will make this out alive and I don't know if this will ever get to you but everything will be explained in this letter.....

He was nervous to read onwards. He didn't know who it was from or why it was for him.

Everyone was getting ready for the final battle between the kingdom of Katolis and the six elven nations.

Rayla and Callum had returned Azymondias to him mum and expected the war to be over. This wasn't the case. The elves still found it necessary to go to war for taking one of their own.

After hearing about what happened to Runaan, Rayla made it her duty to rescue him and bring him home. Even if it killed her in the process.

Ever since that day, when we first met, something inside me changed. Something unusual and it scared me. But obviously I wasn't allowed to show my fear as a moonshadow elf.

He now understood who wrote the letter. Rayla.

"But why now? When war is near? And why did she put she doesn't know if she will make it out alive?"

When I saw that egg, I was speechless. I knew, then, it was my duty to get it back to its mother. You wouldn't allow me to take it, so I made you go with me. I'm sorry I tried to kill you, well Ezran.

He chuckled harshly, remembering the night he and Ezran were almost murdered.

I bound myself and I failed, but I truly am grateful that I failed my mission even if it meant losing my hand.

When we were travelling to Xadia and we were getting to know each other, you knew I wasn't telling you stuff. I felt that and I finally told you when we were looking for Ezran that one time, I felt relieved that I earned your trust back.

"Rayla, you've always had my trust. I've always trusted you...." He said quietly.

By the time we hatched the egg, I felt something was wrong, the moon mage felt it too but I was too blinded by the baby dragon to even notice until we got somewhere safe. That's when I really felt it. I tried to tell you but you wanted one more day to learn magic and Ezran wanted one more day to teach Zym. Do you remember what happened then?

Callum could sense her sarcasm through the letter. He understood where she was coming from.

I got attacked. Almost killed. But did you believe me? No, you didn't.

He didn't know where the letter was going but he hoped it wouldn't end the way he thought it would.

Then you found out about your dad. You should know that I really wanted to tell you but I couldn't find the right words to say. It hurt knowing that I was partially at fault because I bound myself.

Do remember when I told you we couldn't trust Soren and Claudia? You didn't believe me and ignored the fact that they were planning on betraying you, blinded by the fact that they were your friends and wouldn't do anything to hurt you.