It is Destiny, my love (destiny and chicken)

"Callum?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Can you tell me why the show has suddenly skipped four episodes ahead?"

"..."

The white haired woman gave her husband a glare that he couldn't look away from. Her blazing purple orbs piercing through the air.

Callum gulped, sinking into his scarf. His mouth became dry, unable to form any proper words.

"Well?" Her arms were folded above her belly, which was starting to bulge due to her being with child.

"I...you fell asleep...so I thought..." He was stuttering, a thing he only does when he is incredibly nervous. He scratched the back of his head with a shaky hand and tried to avert his eyes.

"You thought you would continue to watch it without me?"

"Ray, it's not that big of a deal...babe-"

"No no. Do not call me babe. How many times have I stopped the show because you've fallen asleep?" She walked over to the coffee table and picked up the hairband. She pulled up all of her long hair and tied it up in a messy ponytail. "And it is a big deal."

She turned around and was ready to walk out the door.

"It's not like I cheated on you."

SLAM

Rayla has slammed the living room door and was now on her way to their bedroom. Callum sighed and slumped back on the sofa with much regret. He knew his wife would be temperamental because she was pregnant, he knew he was at fault for this. She never had a problem with it before.

He picked up his phone and called his brother to meet him at McDonald's.

When Ezran confirmed he was going, he went up to the room Rayla locked herself in and knocked on the door.

"Hey Ray? I'm going out with Ez for a bit. I'll be back soon okay?"

The response he got in return was none other than a grunt, probably meaning she was falling asleep, he backed away and went to put on his trainers.

———

"You did what?! Callum, you big doofus! You never say that. Ever." Ezran said, sipping his vanilla milkshake. Ellis was sitting next to her boyfriend and was just shocked beyond belief.

"It's even worse because she's pregnant. Oh lord. You have to do something amazing to get back on her good side."

"Yes but what?" Callum asked, banging his head on the red table.

"Isn't she like a huge fan of chicken nuggets? Why not get her a bunch of McNuggets and her favourite flowers?" Ezran suggested.

"We can get her the flowers while you get the meal." Ellis said, grabbing her bag and standing up.

"That's...not a bad idea. Okay, here's 20 quid, get what you can." Callum started walking to the till, but then stopped. "Don't get roses. She doesn't like those flowers. But get some of the lilies of whatever else is there. Please?"

"Sure." Ezran said.

"Thanks so much. Keep the change." With that, Callum had walked up to the till and started ordering.

"Hello sir, what can I get for you today?" The lady said.

"Hi, yeah, can I have three boxes of twenty chicken nuggets with three large fries and two large diet colas please?" Callum ordered, feeling slightly embarrassed at what he had ordered but he would do anything for his wife. The lady gave him a weird look but then smiled.