| SECOND KISS

deku tensed.

and so did ochako.

they stared at each other awkwardly in the eyes, shoulders up and cheeks flushed in a bright shade of red.

the pair have been dating for about seven months already, and the only display of affection they have been acting out was hugging, holding hands, and those cheezy things.

but somehow, one thing they have not mastered yet was kissing, the act that is somehow so sacred to couples, not them though. they never had the guts to go too intimate, and apparently they think kissing is equal to sexual acts.

but after gathering the courage, deku finally asked her to give it a try. the only time they actually did kiss was, well, during that november night they got together, during the day ochako and deku got their first kiss. ever since then, they never glued their lips together, never tried other ways of kissing.

and so here they are, alone in a room, staring at each other awkwardly, waiting for someone to make a move.

deku inhaled, "okay." he said softly. he stepped closer, and closer, and closer, and closer and-

"w-wait." ochako squeaked out, her face engulfed by a shade of dark red. she had a dumb smile on, and what made it more awkward was deku was just inches away from her lips.

he backed off, a very awkward smile creeping on to his lips, "what's u-up?"

she coughed and chuckled awkwardly. "i- .. uhm, i'm just nervous." she said, a sigh escaping her lips once she cut off her 'i'.

deku laughed, "me too, actually." he said, not looking away from her eyes as he spoke.

ochako giggled in her usual awkward and embarrassed manner. she took a deep breath and sighed heavily. she furrowed her eyebrows, determined to acheive her goal this time.

she nodded, and deku nodded back. he went closer, closer, closer to her lips, foreheads nearly touching. ochako's shoulders rise, as she waited until their lips brush. she then began to tremble.

deku backed away, "are you a-alright?"

ochako's lips wobbled into a wiggled form, "n-no." she said, averting his gaze, chuckling awkwardly.

deku laughed, "me too." he remained eye contact with her as usual.

ochako breathed in once again, and sighed softly, turning her head back to deku. "o-okay, i'm ready."

she then shuts her eyes together with her significant other as he approached closer, closer-

"gahh, this is so hard!"

deku then opened his eyes to find ochako in the corner of the room, curled into a ball and face dipped into her hands.

she was practically sobbing at this point. deku frowned and walked up to her. he bent down to be beside her.

"uhm, uraraka, can you look at me at least?"

ochako removed her hands from her face to reveal a face flushed with red and lips wobbled into a frown.

deku smiled a little at the sight, a blush visible on his cheeks.

"close your eyes."

ochako squeked softly, "are you gonna ki-"

deku laughed, "y-yeah. i hope you're not uncomfortable by it." he then averted his gaze.

ochako's face began to turn darker in red even more and dipped her face into her hands. she groaned.

deku laughed once again at her reaction to his words. in the relationship, it's a surprise deku is the most confident one, the dominant one who's doing the effort. well, yeah, he's supposed to be, he is the guy in the relationship after all.

deku rolled his eyes playfully, he took one of her hands of her face and looked into her eyes. "i won't do anything aside from the kiss. i promise." he smiled.

ochako stared at him for a while, the shade of red decreasing in visibility. she lets her other hand from her face fall, and averted her gaze.

"i swear."

ochako stayed silent. she still looked troubled. her lips were wobbled and that blush of hers was still visible on her cheeks. she then gulped before she turned her head to his direction, shutting her eyes.

deku's mouth went agape, before forming a gentle smile. he shuts his eyes, and leaned in.

their lips meet, and just like their first kiss, a thrilling feeling coarsed through them. butterflies in stomach, veins filled with sweet feeling, and head light.

it was gentle and passionate. a very sweet kiss of the two. the kiss lasted longer than expected though, but nothing much happened. just lips together. that's it.

overall though, deku was confident. he was determined to finish the task at hand, and he achieved his goal of the second kiss.

. .

but, after that kiss, deku was falling behind in his role as the dominant one. months after that incident, ochako began to constantly demand kisses and cuddles, and deku always got flustered because of her odd requests.

despite deku's reactions, he never fails to give ochako the best forehead kisses and cuddles at 12 am.