| LETTER

NOTES: hah here's another old oneshot i did but never published on october 2018 iM SORRY O K I SWEAR THE OTHER ONESHOTS ARE NEARLY DONE,, im just lacking alot of motivation lately after using them all up for another fic

CONSISTS OF: light angst

--

dear uraraka,

how are you? i hope you're doing well.
are you getting enough sleep? are you eating well? how was your career being a hero?

i just hope you're doing well, that's all. so, congratulations on your marriage! im so happy for you both. (thank you for inviting me by the way, loved the cake)

everyone started drinking and things got really rough, i hope it wasn't much of a problem to you, h̶e̶h̶e̶. do you still remember bakugou wrecking the whole buffet? that was a huge mess. what about jirou playing with her band? it was really amazing wasn't it? especially ashido's dancing! or what about kaminari and kirishima screaming a lot to jirou's song? or the flower petals sprinkled everywhere due to drunk yaoyorozu and asui? or mineta's reaction drinking for the first time?

why am i asking you these dumb questions, of course you remember them! it is a special day to you afterall.

you're probably wondering why i'm writing this, right? well, i just wanted to tell you that

i loved you.

well wasn't that unexpected, haha, i'm sorry.

anyway, you can clearly see i used "loved" instead of "love", right? well, it's because i don't anymore. i needed to force myself to get rid of these ridiculous feelings. and plus, he would obviously be mad at me, haha.

i loved you, and i don't regret it.

you were kind, energetic, lively, optimistic, understanding, open-minded, determinded, caring, sweet, loving, adorable and confident, and you still are now. except that you became more mature a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.

do you remember when we first met? it was a precious moment for me, was it for you too? i hope it was.

when it was valentine's day, did you see that piece of chocolate and 5 rose petals scattered around it? that was from me. i never told you because i was a huge coward, afraid of our friendship getting ruined. but really, i was just afraid of being rejected, hehe. also, there were only 5 petals instead of an actual rose because it got torn apart during the process of giving it to you, haha.

when we had our test of courage, i honestly wanted to be partnered with you, just so i can protect you.

when there was a storm and we were the only ones left at the school building , i was super happy. due to our busy school schedule, i spent less time with you, and when i realized it was just you and me, i was just so happy i got the chance to speak to you.

it was a honestly nice.

i missed those times.

those simple, simple times of keeping these feelings hidden. but as the days passed and we slowly grew, every bit of brimming hope to tell you what i felt and have you was all gone when i realized i was too late.

it was all gone.

you were gone.

all my chances disappeared.

and i'd be lying if i said i was happy.

i gave up on the spot when i saw your hands intertwined with another. it was all too obvious and all too impactful and overwhelming. i was happy you were happy, but with another person was a different story. it was heartbreaking.

i didn't know what to do

but moved

forward

step by step

slowly

and soon my mind was put into a better state

i think

but im grateful for what i have

and for you

thank you

for being there for me in the worst times

and the best

that's all i could say.

- deku

the freckled young man crumpled the paper and threw the little ball into the bin nearby before he dipped his face into his palms in the dark room, elbows pressed against the desk's surface.

the blue ink of that pen was a waste.