| HANAHAKI AND A HUG

HANAHAKI AU
REQUESTED BY: RoseOtakuu , the real MVP of this book.

CONSISTS OF: light angst, soft fluff.

-

ochako stared at the petals that spilled right of her gentle soft lips in the bathroom. the petals piled in her palms, she distanced them from her fingertips, carefully trying to not to make them float.

she sighed and looked up at the mirror by the sink, ignoring the booming music from the other room.

currently, ochako was inside a karaoke bar's bathroom on a december night with her clasamates. just a moment ago, she was pouring out petals from her mouth, and now she's staring at the mirror before her, examining her exhausted state. it's only been a month since she was diagnosed with the disease, and it's already gotten to its worst.

the hanahaki disease. a disease that occurs when someone is stuck in an unrequited love relationship. the major effect of said disease is the act of puking out petals constantly, causing severe pain and most likely a painful death. the cure to this is either getting the patient's beloved someone to love them back, or a brain surgery. the surgery will not only cure the patient, but remove their feelings of that someone.

ochako didn't mind the surgery. she didn't mind losing her feelings for her beloved someone, despite it being rather refreshing and lovely to have a crush.

she's been going through this a whole month. puking constantly, forcing smiles with her friends, sleeping at ungodly late hours, and trying not cry while still training to be a hero. it was torture. pure torture. ochako already had dark circles plastered below her eyes after sleepless nights and frustrating hours of endless thinking and puking.

but ochako couldn't afford the surgery. she didn't even inform anyone regarding her state, she hated when people worried for her despite it being heartwarming in a way. she believed it will pass soon.

she sighed at the petals she cupped in her palms, and finally threw them in the trash bin across the room. she quickly spalshes her hands with water from the sink before exiting the area to return to her friends.

it was exhausting to be in such a state, especially when the person she admires is none other than izuku midoriya, or who she always calls, deku.

his emerald orbs never fail to mesmerize her, the freckles sprinkled on his cheeks never fail to make her heart flutter, and his smile, his gentle smile never fails to comfort her in a soft way.

just the simple thought of him was enough for her to puke out more petals as she walked through the halls.

she enters the room to be greeted by her friends singing into the mic a rather gentle song. well, of course they would, they have been yelling upbeat songs for a solid hour, they wanted a break.

the boys who were originally shaking maracas and tambourines, were now rather exhausted, looking half asleep specifically, except for deku, who was softly cheering for tsuyu and shoji's rather soft ballad duet.

he looked toward the door to see ochako, peering in. his face instantly brightened from the sight of the brunette. "ah, uraraka!" he called out to her, trying not to disturb the duet ongoing. he signalled her to sit beside him after glancing over to her original seat with mina, which was now occupied by a her sleeping with toru.

ochako smiled gently before plopping herself beside him on the couch. "i got worried for a moment, you were gone for a while." he said, scratching the back of his neck, looking rather bashful