rapunzel.

rapunzel!

" i have magically glowing hair that makes me immortal..."

All Rapunzel has ever known is never to step out of her tower

All Rapunzel has ever known is never to step out of her tower. Her "Mother" Dahlia said it is to keep her protected from the cruel and harsh outside world of people who don't understand them and would use Rapunzel's power for their own gain.

Little does she know that's not the case. Freya Mikaelson never wanted to have children as she didn't want her first born to go through the same thing she had to with her Mother and Dahlia, but she had fallen in love with a man and she gave into that love and fell pregnant. The Father wanted Freya and the unborn baby to be free so Dahlia cursed him to die. Freya knew Dahlia would never free her and instead took some of Dahlia's strongest poison to save both her and the baby from Dahlia's clutches.

To Freya's horror she discovered that the immortality ritual had a powerful protection spell that prevented both her and Dahlia from being killed. However, since the spell was never cast on her unborn child Freya assumed that she was lost, but what she didn't know was that whilst Freya was unconscious Dahlia had given Freya a flower which held magical healing properties which cured the baby of the poison and had birthed her and hid her away in a tower, somewhere Freya would never find her.

Dahlia had discovered at a young age that Rapunzel had somehow absorbed the healing properties of the flower herself and could heal any injury or sickness, the only catch being that when she did her hair would glow the same colour of the flower Dahlia once gave Freya. Dahlia used this power to her advantage and tethered Rapunzel to her existing immortality spell that kept her and Freya young and immortal for years.

One day hundreds of years after Rapunzel had been locked in her tower forced to sleep for 100 years for every year she was awake, a boy came to visit. He was on the run from the city of New Orleans as he had stolen from the Mikaelson's. He stumbled across the tower and knew it would be the perfect place to hide, not knowing that he would find a girl stood there with a frying pan in her hand.