001

001 — RAPUNZEL'S TOWER

Rapunzel stood on the spiral stairs clutching the end of the staircase as her Mother told her that she would be leaving to get supplies. This wasn't uncommon for the woman and neither was Rapunzel's requests every time.

"Can't I go with you Mother?" She pleaded hopefully, she never understood why she wasn't allowed to go. Sure her Mother said it was dangerous for her but if she were to stay with her Mother the entire time she didn't see the problem, but as always Dahlia refused her request and Rapunzel would be left dreaming another day of what life would be like outside of her tower.

"I have told you a thousand times Rapunzel. The outside world isn't safe, dear. You are to stay up here for your own protection. People can be cruel, they would jump at the chance to take you away from me" Dahlia replied reciting the words she always tells the girl. In truth Dahlia has grown a bit soft for the girl, she does care for her wellbeing but she cares more for her own and it would cause chaos if anyone were to ever find her and find out who she really is.

Rapunzel's eyes saddened as her eyes dropped to examine her bare feet. "Yes Mother" She uttered, bitterness in her tone.

Rapunzel unraveled her arms from the staircase as she made a start to walk to her room before her Mother called back out to her.

"Rapunzel?" She stopped on her fifth step as she looked back.

"Yes Mother?" She asked her inquisitively.

Dahlia sighed before walking up to the girl. She took her face in her hands before starting to speak again.

She smiled softly at Rapunzel. "You know I'd do anything to keep you safe, I always have. I just want to protect you, you understand that yes?" Rapunzel nodded at her question. "Now whilst I'm gone you have to promise me you won't step a foot out of the tower, it's not safe for you." She spoke as she clutched Rapunzel's hair.