Chapter 17: Endless Apologies

(Warning: Triggering content ahead)

Agonizing screams echoed on the dark hallways of the passageway directing to the dungeon along with a few loud whipping sounds. A dark figure ran as fast he could in direction of the agonizing screams; passing through the dim light passageway a few torches lit; he ran with every ounce of strength his body had. As the figure ran closer, he furiously and desperately opened a woodened door; any emotion in his heart completely overflowed at the sight that greeted him. Controlling his eyes, he tried calming his body and spoke "Stop that's it for today. Leave NOW!" he said to a man that wore a black mask. The man bowed his head but stayed in place.

"Your Highness, King Jeon specifically instructed me to tor..." The man shut his lips tight when he saw the deathly glare the prince was throwing in his direction; if that glare could kill, the man would have certainly died the moment the prince furiously entered the room.

"I'll leave..." The man placed the whip he had on his hand on a table and left the room quickly, not wanting to be killed by the prince.

As soon as the man left, the prince ran towards the chair in the middle of the room. In the chair, sat Park Jimin with his arms tied to a metallic tube just above him, the sorcerer's body was completely naked, sweat dripped down every inch of his body, blood oozed out in a few scratch marks on his legs, his exposed chest moved up and down slowly, tears ran down his cheeks, his lips were so parched and pale, his silver hair pointed to different directions with continuous drops of sweat rolling down his forehead and his eyes looked lifeless.

"Jimin..." Jungkook began crying as he began to untie the sorcerer's hands from above. The sorcerer did not speak a word; his hands fell down as soon as the prince untied them. The prince then began untying the sorcerer's legs and when he finished, he quickly took off his own jacket and covered the sorcerer's exposed body.

"I-I'm s-sorry... I got here...so...late" Jungkook gently caressed the sorcerer's cheek and his touch was so gentle, he felt that if he pressed even with the smallest amount, Jimin would break; as if he was a bubble that once you touch it, it pops and disappears. The prince sobbed and he glanced at his lover's eyes.

"Jungkook... back away...." Jimin managed to whisper weakly but the prince didn't budge.

"Jungkook... move for a mome..." The sorcerer managed to gain a small amount of energy and turned his body to his left. His lips parted and his face pointed directly at the floor as the small amount of food that was given to him a few hours prior was expulsed from his body.

"Jimin!" Jungkook got up and slowly massaged circles on the sorcerer's back. The prince's hands massaging the sorcerer's back felt all the sweat that had formed in the sorcerer's body. Jungkook felt so broken seeing the man he loved heaving the small portion of food that was given to him earlier and watch how his lover's body was so weak but worst of all, he couldn't stop it before anything happened.

"I'll take you to my room. I'll protect you, over my dead body will you be tortured." Jungkook said as soon as Jimin collapsed back on the chair. "Let me clean you" Jungkook used his handkerchief to gently wipe any remnants of the liquid that had come out of the sorcerer's parched lips.

"No. Leave me here. You'll anger your father if he finds us. Just... prevent the man that tortured me to keep doing it. Take me to my cell." Jimin said weakly and his eyes kept closing. "Don't fall asleep! Jimin, please... Let me take you to my room, no one will find us please. I can't bear to see you like this." Jungkook's tear fell in top of Jimin's stomach but the sorcerer shook his head.