part 2

The song played out and started to fade into the background as it ended. You look over at yoongi who looks at you and you smile, "we did it," you mutter.
Yoongi's eyes close in relief and he stretches his back, putting his arms behind him.
"We're done." He sighs, exasperatedly and lying in his chair, exhaustion covering him whole. You whip out your phone and see you have 9 missed calls and a few text messages from Tai. The time on your phone read 23:40, "oh my god!" You exclaimed.
"What?" He asked, calm from his stretch.
"The time," you say and show your phone to him and he smiles, laughing.
"Woah that took us a while huh!"
You smile and bring your phone back to you. You open up messages and read all the messages from YeeTai.
Hey, when do you think you'll be back?
(Y/n), where are you?
Text me.
(Y/n), I swear to god if you don't reply I'm going to go ape.
You sigh, stressfully. "Everything okay?" Yoongi asks as he starts to save the documents and shut down the computer.
You sigh again, "yeah, just Tai is being overprotective." Yoongi nodded, and made a noise as if to say 'I see'.
You decided to call him, when he picks up you hear an angry, "(Y/N)?!"
"Hey babe, sorry I didn't respond, we were just in the zone. We're done now though, so I should be home in like half an hour."
He groaned on the other line and you could practically hear him roll his eyes. "For f*cks sake, (Y/n), I thought you had been murdered or something!"
"Oh no, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry. I always turn my phone on do not disturb when I'm working."
"Well maybe you shouldn't have been working at this time anyway."
"Sorry, we just ran over a little, but you'll be glad to hear it's all done!"
He ignored you, "how are you getting home?"
"How I usually get home, on the train."
"No way. I'm coming to get you."
"No, you silly goose, what's the point. It's quicker on the train."
"There's no way I'm letting you get on the train at nearly midnight."
"Tai, it's fine, I'll be safe I promise."
"I'm leaving now, be there in 45 minutes."
"No babe-" he hung up. You groan and look at your phone in frustration.
"What's the matter?" Yoongi asked.
You groan, "Tai wants to come pick me up because he doesn't want me getting the train but he's being dumb, I'm always fine."
"He's right."
"What?" You looked up at him. "You're meant to be on my side Min Yoongi."
"It's dangerous! For anyone. Listen, tell him not to bother, I took my car today, I'll drop you off."
"No, it's out of your way and it takes like 45 minutes-"
"It's me, who's already here and has a car, or your...Tai, who's probably getting ready for bed." You stare at him in contemplation.
Then you groan, "fine." You put your phone to your ear, it barely rings once before he answers.
"(Y/n), don't argue with me, I'm getting in the car now."
"No don't! Yoongi is going to drop me off, okay?"
"What? How come?"
"He brought his car today and he said I shouldn't go on the train either. Bunch of scaredy cats," you muttered under your breath. "Besides, Yoongi is already here and I feel awful making you get out of the house and stuff."
"But...."
"But what? Saves you time and petrol." You try to convince him.
He groans "fine." And hangs up again.
"God, he really is in such a mood today!"
Yoongi laughs, gathering up the last of his stuff and putting our old coffee cups in the rubbish bin. "Let's go."
You are both the last ones in the office so the whole place looks eerie with only the dim hallway lights on.
You follow Yoongi out as he locks up and you both go to the car park below the building.
"Let me help you," You say, taking two files from his hands as all you had was your handbag.
"Thank, (y/n)."
"So how come you took all this stuff today anyway?" You ask while helping him stuff briefcases and files into the boot.
"Well, before you came in this afternoon, we were working on ideas and things for the new trainee group."
"Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that!" You say, getting into the passenger seat. "Any decisions made yet?"
He turned on the car and turned the heating on while explaining, "Yeah but it's top secret!"
"Aww please just one tiny weeny detail?" You beg.
"You warm enough?" He asks, fiddling with dials.
"It's a bit cold but it'll warm up eventually," You tell him.
He presses a button and you look at him, "butt warmers." You gasp and he laughs at your excitement, "belt on?" He asks and you nod, laughing at his dad-like behavior as he pulls out of the car park.
As you drove past the train station you mutter, "don't get me wrong I'm really grateful you're driving me, but the train would have been so much quicker."
He laughed, "sure, if you don't mind being kidnapped and murdered first."
You groan, "you're just like Tai. You worry too much."
"And you trust too easily." He adds, joining onto the main road that takes you home.
"Hey!" You say, "no I don't!"
"It's okay, it's a nice quality. It means you see the best in people, it's just...people can be bad too."
"Is that your nice way of saying I'm naive?" You say, smirking.
He smirks too, "I'm saying you're optimistic."
You narrow your eyes at him and then shake your head.
40 minutes later you had been listening to music and chatting about the boys before you reached your neighbourhood.
"Which way?" He asks.
"So take the second right here and then a left." You tell him before he follows your instruction.
"And it's just that one over there," you say as you point to a block of apartments.
He pulls up outside of it. "You have reached your destination," making you chuckle.
"I really appreciate this, Yoongi, seriously. You didn't have to." You say as you undo your belt and look at him.
"Anytime, (y/n)."
"This was much warmer and cozier than the train."
"And safer." He adds, you roll your eyes.
He holds his arms out for a hug which you willingly take in and hug back.
As you pull away though, you feel him linger, your faces close, for longer than necessary.
His breath quickens along with yours and after a moment you hear a dog bark in the street which pops the bubble you were in.
You pull back and cough awkwardly.
"I'll umm...see you tomorrow then."
"Yeah," he chuckles and you get out the car.
"Thanks Yoongi." You repeat and close the car door, walking around the back of it and heading for your door.
You wave Yoongi goodbye as he waves back and unlock the door with your keys.
Once you had closed it behind you, you exhale leaning against it, trying to catch your breath back.