part 6

The whole train journey back to your place is filled with dread and fear, you kept having to wipe your hands on your jeans to wipe the sweat, despite it being super cold here
You were so annoyed at yourself for not putting your phone on charge last night as you could really have used it today, to let Tai know where you were.
When you finally arrived, you pretty much ran the 10 minute walk in 3 minutes, desperate to get to Tai. You put the key in the door but before you could turn it, the door opened suddenly.
You were met with the angry expression on Tai's frowning face. "What the fuck do you want?"
"Baby, no I'm sorry. I, I was working and we lost track of time." He walked away, meaning you could walk into the warm flat. Although, it was still colder in here than outside, in another sense.
You shut the door behind him and followed him through the apartment until he went to the kitchen. "Stop LYING!" He yelled and slammed his fist on the granite.
"Careful, don't hurt yourself," you muttered.
"I went to your office and both of you were gone. Some guy told me you two had gone out together, you were with him, (y/n), so stop lying."
"I'm NOT lying!" You yelled, "Bang PD told us to go out and get some inspiration to write a song for the new group, an opportunity to do well and so we wanted to do it right."
"You could have texted me that," he added, a bit embarrassed now.
"My phone died, I forgot to charge it last night." There was a heavy silence. A ceasefire. "Where did you end up going?" He asked, slightly calmer.
You panicked, you knew if you told the truth, he would be mad. But if you lied, he could find out and break up with you for lying. You decided to go with the truth. "We went bowling," you said quietly.
He blinked, staring intensely. "WHAT THE F*CK!" He burst out. "BOWLING?! HOW THE F*CK IS THAT WORK?!"
He stepped forward, so you tried to stand back but he grabbed your wrist and held it especially tight, "I'm sorry, we were doing something from our childhood and I haven't been bowling since I was a teenager."
"YOU COULD HAVE LET ME KNOW YOU GUYS WERE GOING ON A DATE OR SOMETHING! JEEZ!"
"It wasn't a date, don't be like that Tai," you were annoyed at his constant accusations.
"ME?! YOU'RE STUPID IF YOU THINK HE TOOK YOU THERE FOR WORK, HE OBVIOUSLY JUST HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!"
"Tai, you're just being rude now. I know you don't like Yoongi but he's my friend. Maybe if you got to know him-"
"Why would I want to get to know a pr*ck like him," he grumbled.
"He's never done anything to you!" You exclaimed, defending him.
"APART FROM TRYING TO STEAL MY GIRLFRIEND!" He was almost snarling now.
"THAT'S SUCH BULLSH*T TAI! HE'S JUST A FRIEND! YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE GIRLS! LINA ALWAYS FLIRTS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GUYS ARE DANCING TOGETHER BUT THERE'S THIS LITTLE THING CALLED TRUST! I TRUST YOU NOT TO DO ANYTHING WITH HER." "Well maybe you shouldn't."
"What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?" You ask, you heart jumping into your throat.
"Lina and I kissed." You felt like someone had just shot at your heart.
Your face was blank for a moment as the pain took over you, but quickly it was replaced by anger. "YOU ARSEHOLE! HOW THE F*CK COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME!" You yelled as you went up to him and hit his chest repeatedly. You saw red so you hit him again and again until-
-suddenly, you were on the ground, clutching your cheekbone, looking up at the person who stood above you.
"I'll see you tomorrow," he spoke, grabbing a bag that was sat by the front door as he left the flat, but not without slamming the door behind him.
You stayed on the floor, your hands shaking, your breathing heavy. You pushed yourself up off of the cold tile floor and went over to the hallway, turning the light on and looking into the mirror. Your hand shook as you moved it away from your face, revealing the red patch on the side of your face where he had punched you.
When you saw the sight, you let the tears fall as you fell to the floor, curling up into a ball and grieving for the Tai you once knew, who was gone now.
How could he do that to me? You thought. I thought he would never hurt me. Maybe I don't know him as well as I thought.
You stayed sat up, hugging your knees as you cried the tears of the relationship you thought you knew. Slowly, you felt yourself drift off.
TWO HOURS LATER
You awoke with a jolt as you looked around and questioned why you were in the hallway, but then the memory came back and you felt your empty heart, heavier than ever.
You pushed yourself off the floor and put a timer on your alarm clock for early the next morning so you could shower and cover up the bruise now developing on your face.
You fall into bed, letting yourself be taken away by your duvet, from the cold reality of knowing the person you had been lying next to every night was not the guy you thought he was.