part 5

Tai is really able to milk the next couple of days for what they're worth, leaving as early as possible and never actually leaving at 6pm, like you agreed on
You tried to mention it once to him in the car on the way home. "Tai, would it be alright if tomorrow we leave the office at 6pm, like on the dot, six?"
He started chuckling, "Why, is Yoongi missing you?"
"No, it's just he's left to do a lot of work himself and I feel bad."
He smiles, "We'll see tomorrow." But the next day he actually came to get me at 5 instead, probably to try and warn me not to negotiate.
On the fifth day since the new rules, Yoongi seemed to be particularly inanimate and for Yoongi...that's saying something.
Yoongi yawned before taking another sip of the instant coffee you had made in the kitchen. It wasn't quite the coffee you used to get from the cafe across the street, but you didn't have the time to get that anymore. So instant coffee would have to suffice.
"You alright Yoongi? You look pretty tired."
"Thanks," he commented, chuckling. "Yeah, I've just been working a couple extra hours, that's all."
Guilt flooded you as you realised the reason he had to work more hours was to pick up the hours you weren't doing. "I'm so sorry, Yoongi. I really want to help, I...I feel awful about this whole thing."
He smiled, "No, it's okay. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. Don't worry about it. I'm not even that tired."
You looked at him, trying to maintain eye contact but he looked away from you. Liar.
"You don't have to do that y'know." You tell him.
"Do what?" He chuckles at the serious tone you took.
"Pretend that this whole thing is alright when it totally isn't. It's annoying, it means you have to stay later and do more work," you say, trying to have an honest conversation.
His smile lessens slightly, "I mean yeah, it is a little tiring but not annoying. You're doing what you have to do." He smiles a smile you would give to a stranger that held a door open for you. "It's fine."
"Don't just say it's fine. It's not. I feel so bad. I'm literally the reason for all of this, I'm so sorry Yoongi."
"Stop apologising!" He exclaims, amused at your sensitivity. "This seems harder for you than it is for me!"
You roll your eyes, "That's because you're too kind to be honest with me. I'm just racked with....with...guilt."
His eyes narrow, "This really stresses you, doesn't it?" You nod. Then he looks confused, "So why are you going along with it? I know you're trying to work on your relationship but...doesn't this just make you hate him more? Resent him?"
You think about it for a second, but your thoughts are interrupted by the door opening. You turn in your swivel chair and are greeted with Bang PD. "Hey you two. Listen, I know you've been hard at work but I'm extending your deadlines by a week because I think I'd like you two to write a track for the junior group. How does that sound?"
You look at Yoongi who raises his eyebrows at you, "Yes, we'd love to." You answer. Yoongi smirks at you, knowing you loved taking on challenges. "Is there any particular sound you're after."
"The new group is supposed to be...youthful. A little carefree while also very emotional. Not too heavy but still some drama. Don't worry too much about the actual sounds just yet, I know whatever you two come up with will be a great feature for their debut." You smile at young after that compliment and he smiles back, mirroring you.
"For now, I want you guys to take a break. You've been working really hard. Just..go out and do something you enjoyed when you were younger, get that nostalgia back." He said. "Of course, sir. Can we go..anywhere?" Yoongi asked.
PD smiled in response, "As long as its not a strip club..it's fine with me." You both couldn't help but laugh at his comment, as if Yoongi would ever think of going to a strip club, he gets uncomfortable when girls take off their jackets, let alone stripping. "Fighting!" He says as he leaves.
You look at Yoongi, who is already smiling at you. "Grab your coat, (Y/N), we're going on a field trip."
"Where are we going?" You repeatedly asked Yoongi on the way there.
"I said, it's a surprise." He kept saying, so you rolled your eyes, making him chuckle at your impatience.
You were both walking through town as you finally reached where he had been taking you this whole time. "An arcade?" You asked, confusedly staring at it from the outside.
You looked at Yoongi, whose face was alight with excitement and childhood hysteria. "More than an arcade." He explained as he entered the place, expecting you to follow on behind him.
When you got into the arcade, he was walking right past all of the colourful, fun machines you had wanted to play on when you were a kid. That coin pushing one in particular always looked like lots of fun.
Yoongi looked back and saw you, a little bit behind, staring at the arcade game, laughing at your childish wonder at all the bright lights and loud noises that filled the entire arcade. He eventually had to walk back and grab your wrist, pulling you past the arcade games. "Aww I wanted to play," you mutter.
He laughed loudly, "we can, afterwards!"
"After what?" You groaned, but he didn't answer. That is, until he stopped and you were greeted with a massive space full of people.....bowling!
You gasped loudly, looking at him "Bowling?!" You exclaimed.
He looked at you and smiled his gummy smile, "Bowling!" He confirmed, excitedly. It was at that moment you felt the whooshing feeling in your tummy that made you hyperaware of your senses and the fact that he was still holding your wrist.
You looked down at his hand holding your wrist in a similar way that Tai does when he tries to stop you walking away. But it felt different because...Yoongi's hold on you didn't hurt.
Suddenly, Yoongi lets go of your wrist walks towards the rental shoes, leaving you there with the thoughts and lingering soft feeling of his touch.
You follow on and get your bowling shoes and hire an alley. "Oh I'm so excited! I haven't been bowling in ages!" You exclaim. Yoongi smiles slightly as you explain, "I used to go every Friday after school."
"I'm going to beat you though." He says, his face going from smiley to dead serious within seconds.
"You are on." He held out his hand and you smirked, competitively at him, taking it and shaking it. You felt the buzz and excitement from holding his hand that made you breath a little heavier, but you justified it as being your excitement to do some bowling.
You sat on the sofa, watching him do a pretty good bowl, leaving only 1 pin standing by the end of his turn.
"Alright, lets see what you got (Y/L/N)," he challenged, walking back to the sofa and sitting next to you.
You got up and chose your favourite coloured ball and walked up to the alley and threw the bowling ball as far as you could get it. You ended up not doing as well as Yoongi, leaving 3 pins standing instead.
"Is that all you got (Y/n)?" He asked, smirking.
"Shut up boy," You warn, frowning.
4 turns later and Yoongi was winning by a mile, turns out bowling practice when you were a kid did not give you any advantage.
You tried your first go of your turn and it went into the barricades on the sides and missed all of the pins.
"Arghhh" you groaned in frustration, "I can't do it."
He chuckled, "do you want me to help you?"
You nodded but continued to frown like a child, making him laugh and get up.
He grabbed a bowling ball and did a pretend throw, "Your arm is ending here when you throw it, so it goes in that direction," he gestures to the side, "But if you let go of the ball here," he did it differently this time, "It will hit the pins."
He gave you the bowling ball and you replicated him, "so like this?" You asked.
"Kind of, hang on," you felt his body behind yours as he put his hand over yours and directed you more to the left rather than the right. He then pulled it back and did a few swings, holding your hands and helping you practice. "Do it like that."
"Okay." you breathed out, flustered. He stood back and you did exactly as he said. You both watched on as your ball went towards the pins down the middle of the alley and knocked every single one down.
"STRIKE!" You yelled, jumping up and down and turning to Yoongi, him celebrating too. You take him in for a hug as you yell "THANK YOU!"
He happily hugs you back and then you let go and he takes his turn, you high on the feeling of success; adrenaline.
By the time you guys were done, Yoongi had still won, but you had closed the gap a lot. "Good game Yoongi." You said at the end, shaking his hand, desperate for contact again.
"Likewise, (Y/N)," he added. Taking the handshake, doing a goofy smile.
"Hey, what do you say loser buys us slush drinks?" You suggested.
He smiled, looking over at the slushy machines. "Uh, as if I would say no!"
You bought the two of you slushy drinks and he bought you guys a portion of chips to share, even though you had insisted on buying them.
You both sat in a booth, chatting and laughing, telling stories of when you guys were in high school. "This has been really cool," you say. "I feel like we could write a great track, I'm full of nostalgia."
"Me too," he said, staring at his empty cup. "I was kind of a sad kid, but when I found music, everything changed."
You were taken aback at the change of tone, Yoongi didn't usually share deep things like this. "When did you start making music?" You asked.
"About 14. My problems didn't go away but at least I had a place to write about stuff that made me sad."
"Music is a really good place for that." You say.
He nodded, "Yeah, and because I wasn't good at anything in school, it made me feel like I still had talent somewhere."
"And you are talented, so it worked out well." You add smiling and he smiled too, laughing a little.
"Sorry, I didn't mean it to get so deep." He says.
You put your hand on his, "No, it's okay." You say, "you're allowed to get deep sometimes you know?" You remind him, smiling.
He looked at your hand atop of his and so did you. You took your hand away, reluctantly. Yoongi coughed awkwardly, "What time is it, anyway? Aren't you under curfew anymore?"
You gasped in realisation, "Oh my god! Tai! I forgot!" You exclaimed, panicking.
"It's okay, calm down, we'll get you home in no time, I brought my car today."
"No, he'll be more mad if you drive me." You quickly explain.
"He really hates me, doesn't he." He mutters.
You sigh, not wanting to confirm it but also not wanting to lie. "What time is it?"
"8.45," he reads off of his watch.
"Oh god!" you exclaim, "I need to go! Thank you for a lovely evening." You say and kiss him on the cheek and run out without thinking, heading to the train station and terrified of the Tai awaiting you at home.
Guilt ran through your veins as you got further and further away from Yoongi. You hated leaving him every time, but especially when you were leaving for Tai.