1.9|| Artist

requested by @colby_girl85
hope you enjoy it angel!
misspelling is intended.
——————
i sat alone, picking at the wet grass. my art supplies were scattered around me and i had paint covering most my body.

i heard the sound of the caretaker's voice in my ears but i didn't bother to turn around to face her.

another family who won't want me, i thought to myself as i stared at the grass held in my small palm.

"how old is she?" i heard a man voice ask. his voice was sweet and calming. don't attach yourself.

"she's four. she is a very creative and intelligent child. i, personally, think she's an 23 year old artist stuck in a four year old body." she laughs along with the man. a small smile comes across my face along with a light tint of pink.

suddenly, the man is crouched in front of me. he had light brown hair swooped across his forehead. light blue eyes accompany his hair and i can feel my attachment start. please want me.

"hello angel. what's your name?" he asks sweetly and i feel safe.

"y-y/n." my voice comes out small and quiet. i look back at my lap, my hands now shoved into my lap as i play with my fingers.

while i'm focused on my fingers, the man looks around at my drawings and takes a glance over at me. my paint covered legs, arms, and hands. my messy h/c braids with the ends covered in paint.

"i want to adopt her." he said proudly. i looked up at him, wide eyes. he smiled at me before looking up at my caretaker.

she smiles back at him before crouching to my level. "okay pumpkin, collect your supplies while i get colby here some papers." i nod at her while colby stands up.

colby. i like that name. i smile widely before standing up and wrapping my arms tightly around colby's legs.

"tank you." i giggle out as his laugh fills my small ears and his large hands rub my back. i let go of him and grab all my stuff, shoving it quickly into my book bag.

i turn around to see colby walking for me, his hand out for me. my grin widens and i grab his hand tightly, walking with him to the caregiver's office.

*TIME SKIP*

colby grabs me from the car seat in the back of his car and sets me on his hip, pulling out all my stuff with him. a very large house sits in front of me and my eyes run it over.

suddenly, the front door swings open and four more men run out, wide smiles on their faces.

"dude, colby! i can't believe you actually did it!" i glance over at the one who was talking. colby's sweet laugh filled my ears as i looked back at him.

"me either. i didn't think i would actually do it." he handed my bags to one of the boys. a blonde headed and blue eyed boy. he smiled at me and waved.

he made me feel safe too. i shyly waves back before hiding my face in colby's neck. "then, i saw this little one. and i knew i had to. i couldn't leave her there." i snuggled closer into his face.

"i can see why. she's adorable." an unfamiliar voice said and a boy with purplish, pink hair and brown eyes smiled at me. i perked up at the sight of his hair.

"purple! purple!" i shout gleefully, making grabby hands at him. he looked at colby for permission and i felt myself leave colby's hands into another's.

i stared at his hair, touching it lightly with my hands. "purple purple." i whisper lightly as stare at it.

"she already likes you, jake." i hear him chuckle and my heart fills even more. i like it here.

a little time passes and it was later in the day. i was shown around the house and the backyard. they even had a huge pool! i think i got really lucky today.

now, me and the boys were sitting in a giant fort in the living room, giggling about a show on the tv. i had learned all the boys names by now. Aaron, Sam, Jake and Corey.

they all made me feel safe and at home. "hey baby. why don't you show them your paintings?" colby asked, pushing a piece of hair out of my face. i smiled widely and rushed to my room. my little legs carried me quickly up the stairs to me and colby's room together. i grabbed my bag and ran back down the stairs.

i plopped back down in the fort with the boys and pulled out my book. pictures of butterflies, horses, houses and more filled the pages.

the boys all looked, wonder filling their eyes as they mutter "wow" and "amazing". i flip to the last page, something i painted earlier.

the picture was of my new family. i was in the middle, jake and colby holding my hands while sam, aaron and corey stood next to the other two.

"i wanted to r-rememer this. so i drawed it." i said, looking at the boys. they all had sweet smiles on their faces.

"how about we hang it on the fridge? so we always remember it?" colby asks. i smile wider and pull it out of the notebook, handing it to him.

he grabs it and runs over to the fridge. jake grabs me and carries me to the fridge. colby puts it in the center of the fridge and everyone stares at it.

"i love it." aaron says, looking over at me.

"me too." sam chimes in, tickling my side lightly. i giggle and i see all the boys get an idea.

"oh no." i mumble as i feel jake rush over to the couch, dropping me and the boys all attacking me in kisses and tickle. my giggles filling the room.

i know i'm going to love it here.

*TIME SKIP*
—3rd person pov—

y/n grew up, surrounded by endless amounts of love and happiness. she was now seventeen. learning to drive, first boyfriend, finishing highschool.

life was changing. but, the boys love for her didn't. and her love for them didn't.

her painting still hung in the center of the fridge, now surrounded by more paintings of hers.

the boy's all had new favorite paintings of hers but colby's never changed. he still adored the one that he had a connection with. whenever he was sad, mad, or just needed to cheer up, he stared at it.

it made him happy. made him forget what upset him in the first place. he was proud of her. always was. always will be.

"hey dad! have you seen my notebook?" she shouted from upstairs. colby's heart still swelled with happiness when he heard her call him dad.

"it's down here!" he yelled back, grabbing it and setting it in the middle of the table along with a bowl of oatmeal. her footsteps rang throughout the house, followed by a few more.

y/n, sam, jake, corey and aaron all appeared in the kitchen. y/n and jake were smiling widely as aaron, sam and corey all frowned.

"what bitch bug crawled in bed and bit you three?" i ask, laughing while setting more bowls down.

"well, these two decided to wake us up by beating us with pillows." sam whined, sitting down. jake and y/n giggled to each other before grabbing their bowls.

"hey! be thankful we didn't use y/n's idea! she wanted to pour water on you guys!" jake laughed, taking a bite of his food.

"that's my girl." colby chuckled, kissing her head before taking her already finished bowl. "c'mon jokester. you are going to be late."

she ran to the door and grabbed her bag before running back to the boys. she hugged them all, getting a kiss on the head or cheek from each.

"goodbye boys. love you!" she called to them.

"love you!!" they all shouted back. colby handed her coat and she slipped on her shoes.

"bye dad. i love you." she hugged him and he smiled widely.

"i love you too, angel."

1376 words!! think that might be a record ;) but anyways, i hope you all enjoyed this because i actually enjoyed writing this a lot!

~Kennedy