2.0|| The Origin

requested by @hannahmcdonald22
based off Sam and Colby's series "The Origin".
will not follow the series exactly.
————
i run my hand over my face, scrolling through twitter on my phone. the only light in the car was colby's stereo and sam and i's phones. the silence in the car was interrupted by sam's phone going off.

NO CALLER ID

both boys looked at each other before sam turned on the camera, recording his phone. i sat up and leaned closer, looking at it.

"answer it." i say, curious as to if it was spam call or not. sam pressed accept and turned it on speaker mode.

"hello?" he questioned and a familiar voice came through. we all smiled at the sound of our old friends nate.

after a long talk about being back in kansas, nate agreed to meeting with us. we were all excited yet confused at the odd occurrence.

first, jake said he didn't want to come with us to the old warehouse. then, nate called saying he was in kansas and down to come.

time skip to being at the warehouse cause i'm very lazy sorry oops

a sense of familiarity filled my body as we approach the old warehouse.

"wow. it's just like we left it." i spoke, staring at the collapsing building. "well, kind of." the boys and i chuckle at the statement and we head inside, turning our flashlights on as the sun disappears quickly.

the moment i stepped foot inside the warehouse, a strange feeling washed over me. i felt anxious and exhausted. i normally never got scared in places like this.

i mean, hell, we'd been to places much scarier then this. i shook the feeling away and kept walking. colby turned his head to look at me, sending me a heartwarming smile.

i returned the smile, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. we continued looking around, looking at all the graffiti, caved in walls and doors, random objects scattered around and the busted windows and ceiling panels.

"remember when colby almost fell through there?" nate asked, causing us to laugh at the memory.

i had met the boys when we were kids. nate and i met when we were in kindergarten. colby and i grew up on the same street so nate, colby and i always were together.

we met sam a few years later, in high school. (i'm not actually sure when sam, colby and nate all met so please correct me if i'm wrong!) then, we started exploring together. anything and everything. it was our escape.

colby and i started dating senior year and have been together ever since. sam, colby and i moved out to california when they started getting big on youtube. i wasn't involved in the youtube world as much as they were but i was behind the boys every step of the way. since the beginning.

i was snapped out of my thoughts about the past when a wave of nausea hit me. my head felt 10 times heavier and the room was spinning.

i had let go of colby's hand and placed my hands on my knees, shutting my eyes rapidly.

"woah babe, are you okay? what's wrong?" colby asked and i felt his hand on my back.

"yeah. just a little lightheaded, that's all." i respond as the old wave of nausea disappeared. i stood up straight slowly, rubbing my forehead gently.

"weird." i mumbled quietly, looking at sam. he had the camera pointed at me but he wasn't looking at the camera. he was looking at me with a look of concern.