#7: Team 7

"I didn't build any walls, all I have is a closed door except... no one has cared to try and open them"

• • • • • • • • • •

Kakashi sat in a branch as he watched his genin catch, or at least try to catch, a certain demon cat. They were failing miserably, he knew of course that naruto was holding back based on the events that unfolded yesterday.

"I spotted the target" a voice said.

"same"

"yup!"

More voices said in union.

"maa, good luck" was all kakashi stated as three blurs headed straight towards the cat.

After some scratching and shouting, the dust, that had built up around them during all the commotion, cleared and revealed three scratched up genin, one holding a struggling black cat.

"good job!" shouted the masked nin while clapping his hands.

"now let's bring her to the hokage" he stated then walked away, his newly graduated genin following.

The whole walk towards the hokage's building, kakashi was silent, not like he isn't always, the whole time. He kept thinking about the new naruto. The lazy, quiet, smart, undetermined and strong naruto.

He then looked at the naruto shown now. Energetic, loud, idiotic, determined and deadlast naruto. The two versions of him were so different it was almost impossible to believe. He remembered the time when he and the other jounin saw the blonde shift to his mask.

He did it in a second which even kakashi found surprising. To be able to change your facial expressions, your movements, yourself is quite the feat.

They say that the eyes are the windows to your soul (?)but it seems as if his was locked and he has the only key. He knew why he would build such walls though.

Before he knew it they had arrived at the hokage's building.

They returned the cat once again and decided that they should go and train.

They went to training grounds 7, the place they had their test in, and there kakashi proposed an activity.

The masked nin clapped his hands to gain his genins attention which worked.

"alright, here's what were going to do, im gonna hide this" he pulled out a little ball "and your going to try and find it, I'll just be watching you" he said. The three genin nodded.

"I'm so gonna find it first than the teme here, then sakura-chan will like me!" exclaimed the blonde grinning. The said pink haired girl crossed her arms.

"hmp, I'll never like you baka, plus, I'm sure sasuke-kun will get it first" she said making googly eyes at the uchiha who just gave his typical response.

"hn" but he did take a quick glance at the blonde wondering what he will do, maybe the same as the bell test? he then recalled what happened.

Sasuke was just wandering around trying to find the new sensei to defeat him on his own, he's sure he can do that, he's an uchiha after all.

He suddenly heard a rustling in the bushes beside him. His eyes sharply diverted from the trees in front of him to the said bush and threw a kunai at it.

The projectile caused the thing or the person to jump out, it landed in front of him and he was shocked to see kakashi there lazily putting his hands in his pockets with a slouched back.

The uchiha smirked and got into a fighting position. The masked nin didn't even bother to do the same.

Sasuke rushed at kakashi who just dodged all his attempts. After a while, sasuke started to get agitated and finally threw a fireball jutsu, the uchiha specialty.

Kakashi's eyes widened slightly before getting consumed by the roaring flames of the jutsu. Sasuke smirked.

Once the fire cleared, the uchiha was shocked to see no one there, he looked around; to the left. Nothing. To the right. Nothing. Behind. Nothing. Above. Nothing.

Suddenly, the ground below him cracked, his eyes widened in realization, sadly, he realized too late and a hand burst out from below grabbing him and digging him into the ground harshly.

Only his head poked out from the earth while the rest of his body was burried. Kakashi stared down at him.

"well-" the masked nin started then suddenly burst in a cloud of smoke. Once it cleared, there stood in his place a certain blonde.

Sasuke's eyes widened fractionally.

"I guess you couldn't defeat 'kakashi-sensei'" he finished tilting his head to the side with a neutral expression, his eyes had a glint in them and shone through the shadows of the leaves, he looked so different without that bright grinn of his.

Kakashi eye-smiled "alright, start!" he exclaimed seemingly disappearing when in realty, he just hopped to a nearby tree in great speed.

The three genins split to different directions immidiately. Kakashi sighed. Team seven had a long way to go.

• • • • • • • • • •

A blonde child grinned while eating ramen greedily, it seemed as if he hadn't eaten for months, the lady at the counter smiled at being able to help.

It was on the house since she knew that the boy had suffered a lot, more than she could ever imagine.

A person entered the little shop and saw the boy but only took a fleeting glance before sitting down right next to him and ordering some ramen.

The blonde glanced at the lady the same time she did, shocked that someone would dare to sit next to the 'demon child,' their eyes met for a brief  moment before the child hurriedly looked back down to his food.

The lady stared for a while before looking straight. They sat in silence save for the slurping of ramen.

Just as the lady's ramen arrived, she said something.

"child, your empty" she said. Ayumi, the daughter of the owner and the one serving both of them, stopped what she was doing, curious.

The said child also stopped eating with wide eyes but only for a quarter of a second. He then looked up at the lady with 'confusion'

"what do you mean?" he asked 'innocently'

The lady narrowed her eyes, they both had a short staring contest. She gave up after a while and sighed.

"the world these days, so cruel" she stated then went back to eating. The blonde child's eyes saddened.

"I know" he said then also went back to eating.

Ayumi stood there dumbfounded at the exchange.