#13: It Has Begun

They don't see what hurts you

Until it kills you.

• • • • •

The next few days were uneventful. The new genin were, as per usual, stuck with D-ranks. And, of course, like any other batch, were being bitchy about it.

For a certain squad however, the squad that consisted of people who know 'naruto' (NaruKnow yes, were naming it that), they were trying to get the hang of feigning ignorance to the blonde boy's facades. They couldn't help but sneak glances at each other whenever any one of them crossed paths around the village or while getting missions.

As for shiki, she decided to visit old aquaintances. After all, she just returned from a long-term mission, of course she would want to explore around. Unfortunately for her, she just had to stumble upon a certain troubled sanin.

Her stroll was going fine, she walked at a constant pace and was enjoying the konoha scenery (although some brought upon unsavory memories), getting occasional stares and whistles on the way. What can she say, she was hot and was not afraid to admit it.

She ignored all the men, that is, until she felt an intense stare. Somehow different than most.

She turned to face the source to find the one and only jiraya, self-proclaimed ultra-pervert and the current seal-master that the hokage himself had appointed to figure out naruto's seal.

"oi. You pervert" she called in a snappy tone.

The sannin's attention directed from her ass to her face... only to trail to her bust.

"MY EYES ARE UP HERE!"

He startled, darting his sights once again to her midnight purple orbs.

"uh, yeah?" this was new. Usually jiraya would be the one starting the conversation (if you could call being beaten up after one sentence that).

"Jiraya, right?"

The said man blinked.

"uh, yeah"

Shiki glanced at the book (journal?) the man was holding.

"are you done working on that seal?" she asked, striding towards him in graceful steps.

"well n- wait. How do you know about that?" he thought the hokage made this little project a secret? he momemtarily forgot about the lady's huge personality in favor of curiosity (for once, not about what's under those clothes).

Shiki shrugged "I'm part of the NaruKnow squad"

"the what-now squad?"

The lady waved the question off "you'll get used to it"

"so answer me, are you done?"

Jiraya put the book down seriously, tilting his head downwards as he placed his chin on the back of his hand, which, by the way, was supported by his interlocked legs.

He looked straight at the female, eyes glinting.

"no"

Shiki could swear a star appeared in his eye.

"idiot"

"well I-"

"finish it already"

Jiraya ruffled his long hair as he let out a sigh.

"look little lady, its not that easy. That seal; was that really 'playing around'? it had multiple layers meshed together in one. So much in fact that its near impossible to identify them all, not only that but even if I do manage to identify them, I have to figure out the role each and every one plays in the big picture. Seals are intricate, I also need to make sure it doesn't blow up in my face while I'm doing all that, which is honestly the least of our problems considering every other factor there is. After breaking it down, if I do manage to do that, then I still need to find a counter measure and find a way to deactivate it. It needs to consider-"