#15: What the Wind Brings Along

Don't take life too seriously,

It's not like you're getting out alive anyways.

• • • • •

"What... is that supposed to mean...?"

"Exactly what it implies, Naruto somehow managed to take control once again and, well - it was not he best of days for Konohagakure" the hokage stated.

"That's... You're saying a three year old Naruto had the power to keep wielding the Kyuubi's chakra? Consciously?" Kakashi asked incredulously.

"Yes, somehow, and he only stopped after destroying the whole village - the scene was apocalyptic, the only lives spared were the ones strong enough to defend themselves, buildings were burned until there was nothing left but rubble - all to suddenly... The vibrance of the green foliage that we were so familiar with...

...was stained with a horrifying crimson... "

"And the worst thing was that" Inochi spoke up.

"He did that all by choice"

A truly tragic fate befell Konoha that day.

(But can they say they didn't deserve it? )

"So... how is all of this-" Asuma gestured towards the whole of Konoha "-Here today?" He furrowed his brows.

"That - that's a complicated matter... "

"...Well?"

Hiruzen sighed, and proceeded to explain.

"There is a power beyond our understanding" the hokage started, earning him confused looks.

"We have chakra, however, there are other forms of this energy we use. Some are weaker, some are... Far - far stronger than what we could only hope to grasp. It defies the set rules we thought were unchanging"

By this time, the jounin were starting to gain a semblance of understanding within their eyes.

"Are you saying that..." Kurenai whispered out.

"Power that defies death" Kakashi stated, eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

Shiki looked down, brows furrowed.

"Yes, we were lucky that we weren't facing a beast, because even after- everything, he was still nothing but hurt. We're lucky that he has a heart of rusted gold, because he-" Hiruzed looked down, the years weighing on him heavily "-he had such a power"

They grimaced, no one should hold such strength- power over the inevitable.

"After Konoha was restored, I had to erase everyone's memories of the event, otherwise...the brat would have been put to death. I used a forbidden jutsu and because of that I was banished from my clan; the Yamanakas" Shiki explained.

"If he had used his power for... much more malicious purposes, we wouldn't have stood a chance" Inochi spoke up "We still don't know the details to this power of his, but we do know one thing; it hurts him, so much"

He remembers after everything had been put back in place, when Konoha was once again alive, they had to restrain him because he wouldn't stop screaming for it to stop, stop the pain stop it stop it stop it-

He had to try and go inside his mind to stop it, stop whatever was happening with him.

They even had to seal it with the help of the Kyuubi because it was even hurting him; the nine tails.

The seal was not to be opened under any circumstance. Naruto had insisted on keeping it because "You'll just use this against me when I'm at my lowest"