#11: Heavy Sleeper

Btw, that's shiki up above. Is the pic. alright?

"if he hair is white or gray, remember fans, he's hella gay"

• • • • •

"are you gonna make my house your personal headquarters everytime one of you want to talk about something?" naruto asked as he crossed his arms, a blonde brow raised. He was sitting in his couch along with shiki while the other jounin stood there like weirdos, well, in naruto's opinion.

"um, I live here" stated shiki in a matter-of-factly tone.

"yeah, but them?" he pointed at the three jounin.

"remember that talk with hokage-sama?"

"yeah but why now?"

"no better time than the present" she shrugged.

"uh, what did you talk about exactly that we have to be here?" interjected kurenai.

"well, hokage-sama asked naruto to be himself while with you guys right? I'm here to help him do that, he has yet to actually fully reveal himself to you" she answered.

"oh" was all the kunoichi had to say. When it came to naruto, that's all she ever seems to be able to say.

The orange haired lady nodded.

"so can I go to sleep now? you guys can get out on your own right?" you can only guess who said that.

Shiki rolled her eyes "I can but they don't have the seal"

A sigh, a long expirated sigh. He then took out two papers and some ink. Placing them on the ground, he went to work.

"he's making a seal now?" asked asuma, weren't making seals supposed to be an important and time-consuming process?

"yeah"

"but aren't seals supposed to be-?"

"yeah"

"so-?"

"its naruto" and that's the best description you could give for his antics.

"here" the blonde handed them a piece of paper, the seals he had made withing the span of their short conversation "just channel chakra and you'll get out of here" and with that, he left.

"lazy ass"

• • • • •

"um, I... don't follow" asuma scratched his cheek in confusion, he couldn't tell if what the lady, shiki, was saying was true or complete shit. He's leaning towards the latter though, no way the blonde was just three when he learned to mask his emotions. That skill required years of practice and experience, even he couldn't completely pull that off just yet.

"look, you need to trust me on this, when I reported my mission to hokage-sama, he told me something... It's... Quite worrisome" the busty lady stated with seriousness, staring straight into their eyes.

"and that is?"

Shiki shook her head "I'll tell you when the time comes" she diverted her vision to the long, seemingly endless, hallways where naruto was currently laying down in peaceful slumber.

"he's... Different from others, I'm sure you already know that. A pridogy among pridogies, but above all, he has the most painful yet quiet screams... so... don't rush him. He may not seem like it at times but he's a genuinely good person" she suddenly held a melachony in her eyes.

Kurenai nodded "I'm sure he is"

"by the way," kakashi spoke up "do you know about his wound?" questioned the masked nin as he pointed at his nape.

Shiki's head whipped in his direction so quickly it was surprising she didn't get whiplash, eyes wide.

"wound?" she asked, worry lacing her tone. The two other jounin were also curious as to why kakashi would mention such a trivial thing, well, at least trivial for shinobis.

He nodded "I don't know where he got it from but he had it when we sparred for the test and when we went to the hospital-"

"HOSPITAL!?"

"-because he passed out, it was the only wound bleeding heavily. It also seems it hasn't healed yet" the masked nin explained.

Shiki abruptly stood from the couch, worry overlapped by a dark aura "who" she demanded.

Kakashi shrugged "don't know but the nurses there seem to be well informed of his situation, said he goes there often"

"nurses? last time I checked they hated him" she muttered "but then again that was a long time ago but still, what could have caused such a change?"

"kakashi, why do you even mention this wound anyway?" asked kurenai.

"hmm" he looked up with eyes revealing nothing "a doctor talked to him about it and he seemed... sad?"

"what the he-! He didn't tell me!!" she stormed through the long hallways with a malicious growl.

The three looked at each other before standing and following after the lady with haste.

Like the blonde, she seemed to know her way around, stopping abruptly at a door. Not bothering to knock, she kicked the door open.

"NARUTOOOOO!!!" her voice was loud which surprisingly didn't wake the blonde who lay on a plain looking bed.

"he didn't wake up..."

"mh..."

• • • • • •

"ne, do you think she will be able to heal it?" asked naruto as he laid on his back. He was surrounded by a shallow cover of water, ripples appearing here and there from the occasional drops made from the pipes that lined the ceilings and walls, the area was dark, ominous even. However, for this certain blonde, nothing could shake him. Not even the open bars in front of him, the darkness that lay within it an endless loop.

Two glaring, slitted, crimson orbs peeked out from within the shadows. A low growl.

"tch, of course not brat. That poison's new and she hasn't been in konoha for who knows how long" A voice, deep and gruff, resounded in the spacious area.

"yes, but tsunade senju's a medic specialist, the best even, so I'm sure she can figure something out" he answered, closing his eyes in thought.

"and what makes you think that she'll do it?" taunted the fox, now visible nine tails swinging around freely.

"Oh, I liked to be informed" and comes his favorite phrase, expression unchanging.

"ha! of course you do" he slammed down a tail, creating a shake in the space.

"she'll come back, I'm sure of it. After all, my masks are me and I'm awesome. I just have to pull out him again" the mask he constantly uses basically has two main parts; plainly idiotic and mr. speech maker. The latter is the one he uses for persuasion and it works an awful lot. If it doesn't... well he will just have to pull out the big guns... And trust me, you do not want to deal with those.

"He is really annoying. You're really annoying, brat"

"same, fox"

Uhh... I'm back? sorry for the long, long, loooooooong wait. I actually had writers block 😛 so yeah. But after hearing a person ask for an update I tried to write. Not the best but I hope its satisfactory?