Comforting Escape

"Please don't lose me in here, I don't think I'd make it out alive," you voiced your concern to your best friend.

You couldn't hear the beautiful sound of his laughter over the thumping music, however, you knew he had laughed thanks to the way his chest rocked and he squeezed your hand a little tighter between his bicep and his lean torso.

"It's fine, we've thrown parties like this hundreds of times, just don't drink the cool aid and always keep an eye on your cup. If you've put it down and taken your eyes off of it; it's not your drink anymore," you listened closely to his instructions.

This was your first college party and you were a little nervous, even if it was your best friends frat, you didn't usually do parties and you weren't entirely sure why you'd decided to come to this one. Jimin's invitations didn't usually extend out to you so when he invited you to come earlier in the week you were a little taken aback. Answering 'yes' felt like a  mistake on your part.

You watched while Jimin nodded to and waved at various people he passed; he had always been super extroverted and never had problems making new friends while you were a lot quieter and rarely interacted with people you didn't know.

It was a mystery how you and Jimin remained friends but you were glad you did. Seventeen years was a long time to be friends with someone. Even longer to have an unrequited crush on that same someone and for them not to notice. Jimin was endearingly, if not a little frustratingly, clueless about your secret love for him— even when the town you both grew up in could see it clearly.

"Hey, why don't you wait here and I'll go get us something to drink? It'll be easier since it's so packed," you nodded at Jimin's suggestion and let him slip away from your hands.

You regretted it instantly though when you saw how the crowd swallow him whole. Quickly, you skirted around to the outer edge of the dancing mass, leaning back against the wall, the coolness of which was a welcomed sensation thanks to how warm the room was.

A few songs passed and you began to worry for your friend, should it really take this long to navigate the crowded rooms and grab a drink? You contemplated pushing off the wall then until a figure joined you against it.

"You look as bored as I am," the voice was deep and faintly familiar.

"Who says I'm bored?" You mumbled whilst picking at your nails. Thankfully back here the crowd and volume thinned out.

"Your face was always a dead giveaway," he chuckled and you looked up then because there weren't many people that would be that brutally honest when approaching a stranger.

But a stranger to Min Yoongi, you were not.

That wasn't to say you were exactly friends; more like distant acquaintances. You had both been part of the same out-of-school basketball team but you dropped out at the beginning of junior year in high school and lost touch with the older boy as a result.

You'd always liked Yoongi, though, he was the type of guy to act cool but on the inside he was a real sweetheart; shown in the way he'd stay behind after practice to give you some more help. He always teased you for your height but now he only stood a couple inches taller than you; maybe three or four.

"Yoongi, I should've known," you chuckled slightly.

"The one and only," he smirked slightly, "what are you doing here alone? I didn't picture you as a party goer."

"That's because I'm not, I'm here with a friend."

"Oh? Well it's lovely to meet you," he made a point to shake hands with the air surrounding you and you lightly shoved his shoulder.