Early Departure

It was Thursday by the time you next ran into your best friend and he didn't look to be in too good of a mood.

He'd met you outside of your English lit class to take you off campus for lunch and you were more than willing to go with him. You'd figured that as long as you didn't mention Yoongi or where you were heading with him in two days you were safe.

By the time you reached the diner is was semi-full, leaving Jimin to venture nearer to the back of the building for a table.

On your way past you smiled at the dark haired boy behind the counter, remembering him as Yoongi's older brother. He gave you a bright smile in return and after giving you and Jimin a moment to find something on the menu he came over, pen and pad in hand.

"Hey guys what can I get you?" You smiled easily at him while you ordered the same as you did on Sunday and then Jimin ordered a bowl of vegetable soup along with a roll and coke.

"Hot chocolate, on the house," Yoongi's brother, gave you a wink and you wondered if Yoongi had any part in this.

While Jimin stared between you and the waiter you quickly snapped a pic and sent it off to Yoongi, with a thank you; who quickly texted you back to tell you to enjoy the freebie.

"You know him or something?"

"Oh the waiter? No," you shook your head and brought the drink to your lips.

"So he's hitting on you?" The way Jimin trailed off into a question along with a side glance to the older male you wonder if there was a hint of jealousy in his voice so you smiled when you met his eyes.

"Who knows? He's kinda cute maybe I should think about dating someone," you played along with the situation and on the table Jimin began ripping up the tissue he held.

"You don't need to worry about looking for a date, I'm the only guy you need," he quickly changed into his overly cheerful character and sent you a dazzling smile.

"Is that right? So, I shouldn't think about seeing anyone else?" You rose a brow and he shrugged.

"You just don't need to."

Lunch went by pleasantly, it seemed like Jimin was doing his best to stay happy and it rubbed off on you because soon you were laughing and joking like the good old times.

Jimin didn't have anymore classes for the day but he was kind enough to take you back to campus before his shift at the local mall. You relaxed into the passenger seat like you usually would until he turned off the radio and the engine just outside of the main building. You stopped, with a foreboding feeling in your gut, he was going to say something.

"What're you doing this weekend?"

"Me? Oh, I'm just going back home to see my parents, why do you ask?" The answer was a lie but Jimin didn't need to know that.

"Funny. Yoongi said the same thing," he muttered and your blood ran cold.

"He's going home too? Small world," you forced out a chuckle and he gripped the wheel tightly in his hands.

"Cut the crap Yn, what are you guys doing?" You bit your lip nervously and glanced towards him then down to your lap.

"We're just hanging out."

"Hanging out, huh?" He exhaled loudly and you just knew he didn't believe you. "As friends, right?"

"Of course, don't worry he won't replace you," you tried to lighten the mood with a giggle and a comforting hand on his arm which made him finally look at you.