Too Late For Love

'Because I was in love with you, you idiot!'

The words rang over and over in my head. Yn was in love with me and I didn't have the balls to tell her the same thing.

Why was I so stupid?

Why didn't I see it sooner?

Yn was in love with me and now she was going to fall for one of my own frat brothers.

How ironic.

I looked at my disheveled reflection in the pull down mirror and held my hair back from my face, the laugh that escaped me; the bitterness of it was foreign to me.

I was always the cheerful guy, always smiling and cheering up the people around me, how did things change so quickly?

I closed my eyes and let my head fall back onto the headrest.

˗ˏˋˎˊ˗

"Jiminie oppa!" I turned away from the refrigerator full of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks with a smirk on my face.

"Babydoll, how are ya?" Lisa batted her lashes at me as she slid closer, pushing herself against me so that I had no choice but to wrap my arms around her.

"I'm good, better now that I've found you," her red lips stretched into a grin and I couldn't stop myself from staring. "I looked for you earlier so that we could go have some fun before the party started but Joonie oppa said you'd gone to get someone, who was it?" She asked airily and I just rubbed her hips with my thumbs.

"Yn, she needed a ride."

"She's here? Where?" The gorgeous blonde stepped back while looking around incase she spotted Yn but I just pulled her back by the waist.

"She's in the second living room," I told her quietly and she relaxed in my hold. I was thankful Lisa hadn't taken my request to keep our hook ups on the down low badly.

"Oh good! Let's go dance in the other living room," she said enthusiastically and then grabbed my hand to pull me in that direction.

"Oh hey, wait." I stopped letting Lisa lead me away when I saw Yoongi hyung watching the party from the hall. "Yoongi hyung," I called out as we neared him.

"D'you bring her?" He asked straight to the point and then he drank from his beer bottle. I still cursed myself for losing our game of poker earlier in the week because it meant I had no choice but to bring Yn along to this God forsaken party.

"She's here," I grimaced and rubbed the back of my neck. "We're just gonna go dance for a bit, you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on her would you? She's in the second lounge I think," he remained expressionless while nodding.

Although I would have rather given responsibility of Yn to any of the other guys,he was the first I'd seen and with the way Lisa was feeling me up there was no way I was waiting to find anyone else.

"Sure, go before she starts wondering around looking for you," he urged and Lisa happily pulled me away with her.

˗ˏˋˎˊ˗

I should never have left Yn alone in that room. I shouldn't have left with Lisa and I certainly should not have practically pushed her into Yoongi's arms.

But Jesus Christ it's been two years since they've even seen each other, how was I to know he'd be only too happy to keep her in his arms?

I let out an aggravated shout and hit the steering wheel with my right palm. My internal monologue was starting to piss me off.