A Promise For The Future

"You want me to kiss you?" He whispered thickly and you nodded. He didn't move and that's when you started to regret your overconfident demand.

Maybe you'd read the moment wrong? Damn, apparently you knew nothing about romance at all and suddenly you felt queasy.

"S-Sorry, I don't know why— I should go," you mumbled quickly as you rushed to grab your bag from the foot well and open the door all at the same time.

You had never felt so mortified and just as you were about to make your escape from the suffocating air filling up Yoongi's car you felt a hand wrap around your wrist.

He didn't tug, rather just held your arm where he'd caught it and the momentum in your movements was just enough to pull you back into your seat.

When you turned to look at Yoongi he immediately caught the side of your face in his left hand and pressed his lips against yours. It was fleeting at first but after Yoongi drew back to gauge your reaction, he decided he needed more and then his lips were on yours again and you dropped your bag back at your feet in favour of placing your hand to the side of his neck and wriggling the other down to intertwine with his own fingers.

Naturally, your eyes fluttered shut and although you were new to this particular action of intimacy Yoongi was more than happy to guide you.

At first he just moved his lips against yours in short kisses which you returned and then they morphed into something much more desperate for one another. Slowly, Yoongi traced the seam of your lips with his tongue and you parted them ever so slightly to allow him entrance despite your nerves. He seemed thankful for your consent though because he squeezed your hand to let you know it was all okay and then his tongue explored your mouth. Seeking your tongue so that he could finally taste you after so many years of wishing and wondering.

Before he could really drag you into that feeling of intoxication, he broke away; only by an inch.

"We are not done," he assured you with a cheeky smirk and you nodded, despite not fully catching up with his words until he pulled a lever on the side of his chair and the seat moved back from the wheel a little. "Come here," he instructed and you cautiously crawled over the center console to straddle his lap.

You'd never sat like this on anyone before and you felt so damn nervous all of a sudden that you wanted to curl up into a ball or have the ground swallow you whole. But you were sure Yoongi would let neither of those things happen considering the way he held your hips in place.

"You look so gorgeous," he smiled up at you and you blushed even more.

"Is my hair messy and my face red?" You mumbled while looking to the side to avoid his gaze but you could still sense his wide grin.

"Yep and your lips are all swollen, I didn't even get to bite them yet or give you a real kiss," he continued more so to himself than you but that didn't mean you didn't hear those words or that they didn't affect you because they did, greatly. "You look gorgeous because I'm the one who did this to you."

You looked down at him then and your heart skipped a beat. The apples of Yoongi's cheeks glowed from the warmth underneath them and his lips looked pinker and plumper than usual.

Was this what it was like kissing someone? If it was you were sure you never wanted to stop. Or maybe it was Yoongi you never wanted to stop kissing.

"You're also the one not doing anything to me now," you reminded him which seemed to kick him back into action because he groaned wantonly and then pulled you back down to meet his lips again. He didn't seem so modest this time around and you were glad because you really just needed him to leave you breathless; and leave you breathless he did.

The car had began to grow cold again and your heavy breathing had fogged up the windows by the time you both inched away from each other.

"You should get inside baby, you're getting goosebumps," he nuzzled into your neck and peppered the expanse with kisses that made you shiver.

"Come with me," you whispered, too lost in the beautiful hazy energy between you both. He stopped to look around while rubbing circles on your hips.

"I'd love to baby, I really would but I shouldn't."

"Why not?" You pouted, now feeling dejected.

"Because I don't think I'd be able to leave you alone and the last thing I want is to rush you into anything," he answered honestly before kissing your lips for just longer than what would be considered a peck.

"But I'm inviting you," you mumbled, now you were beginning to feel like maybe this was a mistake. Maybe he didn't think about you the same way you'd been thinking lately.

"I know but just not yet. God there's so much I want to do with you but not yet. When you're my girlfriend," he added and your heart skipped out on what was probably an unhealthy amount of beats.

"Girlfriend?" You questioned breathlessly and he nodded against the crook of your neck.

"Yes. When you're my girlfriend and you don't have to worry about anything afterwards. You won't have to worry that I just wanted to get you into bed because I'll share that bed with you, you won't have to worry about if I'll call you the next day because I'll call you every day to the point you'll beg me to hang up," he chuckled at his last point and so did you, his words relaxed you and had those fiery butterflies in your stomach reeking havoc again.

They sounded so genuine you had no choice but to believe him, so to say goodbye you angled his head up for one last kiss before you moved back to the passenger seat, smoothed down your hair and then shakily climbed out of the car. You gave Yoongi one last look before pushing open the door to your block.

Your heart was still hammering away in your chest when you got into your apartment and you almost screamed when you saw Jimin casually walk out of the bathroom. He regarded you with a scrutinizing look and you grew nervous.