Chapter Two

A/n
So just to clarify, Accalia is still like 14 because whenever she turns into a wolf she grows as a wolf and whenever she's human she grows in human years. It's like pressing pause on each life as you live the next one. Seeing as she has been a wolf for the majority of the last 16 years and changed often before that, she is only 14 in human years. I rlly hope this makes sense - Author
I groaned and sat up, clutching my head. It had been a long night. I looked around, there were tall evergreen trees surrounding me and I was seated amongst the wood chips and grass patches of a forest.
Dammit.
I pushed myself up to my feet and leaned against a tree, desperately trying to grasp at fragments of my memory from the night before, hell the days before.
In the time it took me to stumble back to the city I had gathered that I had got into some sort of fight and gone to the forest. In wolf form of course. (Wolf form was the only form I could manage without getting even weaker. I had been in wolf form for the majority of the last 16 years)
I stopped off at the local doughnut shop and grabbed a coffee in the hope that caffeine would wake me up.
I walked up to the house and jogged up the stairs to unlock the door.
Just as my key was in the lock, I heard talking inside (I had been a wolf for so long, some characteristics had rubbed off on my human form).
I listened.
I think it was Allison and ...Vanya?
No it couldn't be.
Wait! Was that Diego?
I waited for a few minutes before I heard footsteps.
I pushed the keys into the lock and turned them slowly, opening the door silently.
I slipped into the main hall and looked around.
No-one.
I walked upstairs and turned into a hall when I heard another conversation.
On fathers room.
No one was allowed in fathers room, where was Dad?
I payed attention.
"The autopsy report" that was Diego
"And you have this why?" Obviously Luther, wow, I didn't know he was back from the moon!
"Well that's because I... broke into the coroners office!" Yup, that's Diego!
I tiptoed closer to the doorframe, giggling.
"And surprise surprise, dads death was...normal."
I froze and stumbled back knocking over a pile of books.
Diego appeared at the doorframe, Luther behind him.
"Accalia!" They shouted, rushing to help me to my feet.
I pushed them away and looked at them fearfully.
"Dads...dads dead?" I whispered.
The boys glanced at each other.
"Yeah, he died last night, no signs of struggle. Autopsy says heart failure." Luther informed me.
"Are you alright?" Diego asked. "How long have you been a wolf? You look really young!"
I rushed downstairs, Diego following.
I halted outside the living room. I rarely went into the living room, there were too many memories.
Vanya was speaking to Pogo.
"How long has it been since five disappeared?" She asked.
"It's been 16 years, four months and 14 days." Pogo said.
I sniffled, feeling tears well up.
I turned and ran upstairs with Diego hot on my heels. I was just about to go into my room when Diego caught me by the wrist.
"Accalia. How long have you been a wolf?"
I sniffled again, looking up at him.
"I have been a wolf everyday for the last 16 years, four months and 14 days." I said, retreating back into my room and shutting the door.