Chapter Three

It was later in the day and the sun was filtering into my room through the dusty windows, shedding light on my surroundings. Dad had given me a room like the others but I also had a huge dog bed next to my real bed for when i transformed.
It was cold and dirty because I rarely used it now, I preferred to sleep outside, but it had a sense of familiarity clinging to the matted cloth.
I sighed as I sat up on my bed, gazing at the door.
A memory crept into my head.
*****
"Children, wake up! Time for breakfast!" Mother called.
I growled and rolled out of my bed.
I padded to the mirror and looked at my reflection.
I was a wolf! I had actually done it! This was the first time I had managed to stay in wolf form all night!
I barked joyfully.
A boy came running into my room, he had straight brown hair and he was wearing our uniform. Number Five.
"Cali! You did it! He said cheerfully, laughing.
I nodded and laughed but then stumbled a bit. My head started to ache and my bones grew weak.
I tried to stand but I was slowly and painfully transforming back into a girl. It was agony.
I lay on the floor in my pyjamas, in excruciating pain. I desperately attempted to stand but repeatedly fell down to the cold, hard floor.
"Mother! Father! Help!" Five shouted, coming to my side.
I couldn't bear it, I heard the sound of rushing footsteps and my mother's voice.
"Oh dear. Well fetch your father and a stretcher Five. Hurry deary!"
I was fading in and out of consciousness and eventually everything went blurry.
*****
I made my way to the bathroom in the hall, washing the tear stains from my face.
I shook my head and looked at my reflection. My short fluffy hair took up most of my head and my skin was pale. I had freckles from running around in the sun and scars all over my face.
I glared at myself and then headed downstairs.
My siblings were gathered in the living room, again.
I mean would it be that hard for them to congregate somewhere else.
I stood in the doorframe and focused my eyes on the floor. Nobody noticed me.
"I guess we should get this started," said Luther. "So I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favourite spot."
Allison cut in. "Dad had a favourite spot?" She asked.
"You know, under the oak tree," Luther said, there was a pause. "We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"
I rolled my eyes. Wow, real smooth Luther.
"Will there be refreshments?" Klaus asked.
I guess he came out of rehab then.
"Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner." I giggled silently.
"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here." I rolled my eyes again.
"Dad's dead Luther." I said, looking up at him and then pointing my eyes firmly on the ground.
There was silence.
"Hey Cali," Klaus said. "Long time no see!"
I stiffened. "Don't call me that." I mumbled.
"Is that my skirt?" Allison glared at Klaus, accusingly.
"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the.. bits."
"Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?" Luther said in his commanding voice.
God, he thinks he's such a leader!
"Like what?" Diego asked.
"Like the way he died." Luther shot.
"And here we go." Diego nodded.
"I don't understand." Said Vanya
"Yeah, I thought you said it was a heart attack?" I questioned.
"Yeah, according to the coroner." Luther said.
What the hell. So now he knows better than the authorities!
"Well, wouldn't they know?" Vanya pestered.
"Theoretically." Luther stayed his ground. Wow!
"Theoretically?" Allison asked.
"Look I'm just saying at the very least, something happened. The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange."
I scoffed, "Jesus Christ Luther!"
"Oh quelle surprise!" Klaus gurgled his drink.
"Strange how?" Allison asked, almost daring Luther.
"He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful of who to trust." Luther pushed.
Talk about making mountains out of molehills!
"Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles." Diego stood from his chair and walked towards our hysterical brother.
"No, he must have known something was going to happen," Luther turned to face Klaus. "Look, I know you don't like to do it, but I need you to talk to Dad."
Allison and I scoffed in unison. There was no way Klaus would do it.
Klaus shook his head. "I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like, "Dad, could you just stop playing tennis with hitler for a moment and take a quick call." Klaus sat up.
"Since when? That's your thing." Luther asked.
"I'm not in the right ...frame of mind." Klaus said.
"Your high?" Allison raised an eyebrow.
Klaus laughed. "Yeah, Yeah. I mean how are you not, listening to this nonsense?"
"Well sober up, it's important." Luther said.
"Geez, have a bit of tact, Luther!" I said.
He ignored me. "Then there's the issue of the missing monocle." He pestered.
"Who gives a shit about a stupid monocle?" Diego asked.
"Exactly. It's worthless. So whoever took it, think it was personal." Luther reasoned.
"Someone close to him, someone with a grudge."
What the hell is he trying to suggest?
"Where are you going with this?" Klaus asked, looking confused.
"Oh, isn't it obvious, Klaus? He thinks one of us killed Dad." Diego smiled at Luther.
Luther grunted.
We all stared at him in ridicule.
"You do!" Klaus said.
"How could you think that!" Vonya asked.
"Great job Luther, way to lead." Diego smirked and walked out past me.
"That's not what I.."
"You're crazy,  man. You're crazy." Klaus got up too.
"I've not finished." He tried to take command.
"No one gives a shit, Luther." I said and looked up, but my eyes caught the sight of a painting hanging around the fireplace and I choked back a sob. I stared at the young boy in the painting.
"Okay, well sorry. I'm just gonna murder mum, Be right back." Klaus left.
"That's not what I was saying.. I didn't..." he sighed.
I slid to the floor, gazing at the boy. My eyes were wide and tears were threatening to spill.
Allison got up.
"Allison... geez." Luther sighed.
She came to my side and helped me up.
"You alright Cali?"
I pushed away, breaking my gaze from the painting.
"I'm fine, and don't call me that!" I shouted the last bit, walking away.

A/n hope you like it, the last part was mainly just following the script but I hope it's alright. Also next chapter = Five returns! Rlly excited but not sure when I'll update cause it's quite a big one! Comment and vote and all of that! I'm rlly surprised, I didn't think this would get that many votes and reads!