Chapter Six

A/n I'm bored and I can't sleep so here you go!

Chapter Six:
I hate him.
I do.
I'm not kidding.
I... hate him.
I heard voices outside.
"Does anyone else see a little number Five... or is that just me?" Klaus asked. The question appeared rhetorical as no one answered.
"Shit." Someone, I think Five, said.
I heard footsteps coming indoors. Allison and Diego headed in in front of the others. My eyes shot up to meet their sympathetic gazes for a split second, before I transformed and ran to my room.

Allison's P.O.V. (betcha didn't expect that!)
We all turned to head indoors, shocked and confused.
Accalia was standing in the middle of the kitchen, she looked an absolute wreck.
I smiled slightly at her. I couldn't imagine what she was feeling, everyone knew about the close bond that she and Five shared. And the last decade and a half had not been easy for her. She turned and transformed, running off.
We sat round the kitchen table, watching Five as he went about collecting sandwich ingredients.
"What's the date? The exact date?" He asked.
"The 24th." Vanya answered.
"Of what?" Five asked, impatiently.
"March." Vanya said
"Good." He said and went about unwrapping the bread.
"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked, looking bewildered.
Five ignored him and placed two slices of bread on the counter.
Luther rose up out of his seat. "It's been seventeen years." He said.
Five looked at him and scoffed. "It's been a lot longer than that." He said and teleported to a cupboard.
"I haven't missed that." Luther sighed. I smiled at him.
"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.
"The future," Five said, teleporting back. "It's shit by the way."
"Called it!" Announced Klaus, raising his hand.
"I should have listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five took out the peanut butter from the fridge and brought it to the table. He looked up and seemed to be searching the room for something or possibly someone but then seemed to give up and looked at Klaus.
"Nice dress." He complimented him.
"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus laughed.
"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked, obviously trying to wrap her head around Five's re-appearance.
"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." We all rolled our eyes, at least we know this is definitely Five.
"That makes no sense." Diego murmured, looking confused.
"Well it would if you were smarter." Five said matter of factly, adding marshmallows to his sandwich.
Diego shot up, only to be held back by Luther.
"How long were you there?" Luther asked, still with that cute dim look on his face. He glanced at me and I smiled at him. (A teensy snippet of Luther + Allison cuteness!!!😍😍)
"Forty-Five years. Give or take." Five replied. Everyone sat back down.
"So what are you saying? That you're 58?" Luther asked, positively dumbfounded.
"No," Five looked annoyed, " my consciousness is 58. Apparently, my body is now 13 again." He finished, placing the pieces of the sandwich together.
"Wait how does that even work?" Vanya asked. I nodded.
"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh. Bet she's laughing now." He took a bite out of his sandwich.
"Delores?" I asked. Five ignored me.
Klaus smirked, "Better not tell Accalia about this Delores!"
"Klaus!" I exclaimed, glaring at him.
Five looks uneasy.
"Where um, where is she? Cali?" He coughed slightly and averted his eyes from us.
"I don't know, probably wolfing out somewhere." Klaus said.
Five nodded slowly, "She uh, she does that often?" He asked, still staring at the floor.
"Yeah, she fell apart after you left. She transforms everyday now, sometimes for days on end." Diego said, his tone slightly accusing.
Five coughed again and cleared his throat. He picked up the nearby newspaper.
"Guess I missed the funeral." He said, completely changing the subject. I rolled my eyes, boys!
"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked, incredulous.
"What part of the future do you not understand?" Five asked, "Heart failure, huh?"
Diego and Luther both answered at the same time.
"Yeah."
"No."
Five nodded and clicked his tongue. "Nice to see nothing's changed." He began to walk off.
I scoffed. "That's it? That's all you have to say?" I asked. I mean really? He turns up after 17 years, just takes our marshmallows, and strolls off acting as if nothing has changed.
"What else is there to say? The circle of life." He said.
"Well, that was interesting." Luther says. We all nod faintly.

Accalia's P.O.V.
I heard footsteps come down the hall. They slowed to a stop outside my door.
"Cali? Cali, are you awake?" He asked.
I scrunched my eyes up tight and pulled the covers up.
After about a minute the footsteps returned and I heard them enter the room next to mine.
I sighed.