Chapter Twenty-One

We had been driving for about a quarter of an hour. Luther was at the wheel and Five was in the passenger seat. I was lying across the back three seats, bored. There had not been any conversation since we got in the car and I didn't think my brothers would initiate one anytime soon.
I shuffled up and leant forward to play with Five's hair. He leaned back slightly, relaxing at the touch. He always seemed so tense, stressed, overworked.
"Hi, Five." I smiled.
He smiled back at me and raised his hand.
"Seriously." I giggled. He raised his eyebrows
"Come on, Cali!" He said.
I rolled my eyes but high fived him anyway. Nerd.
I draped my arms around his neck and craned forward to kiss his cheek.
He smiled wearily and held my hands, interlocking our fingers.
I glanced at Luther, who was looking very uncomfortable.
"What's wrong with you, Luther?" I asked, amused.
"Oh, nothing... I.. uh." He shuffled around awkwardly. "Don't you find it weird? Y'know, dating each other? I mean, you guys are brother and sister."
I turned to Five in thought. We hadn't really defined whatever we were. He raised an eyebrow and looked out the window at the passing roads.
I rolled my eyes, great help he is!
I turned to Luther.
"We aren't biologically related." I stated.
He looked confused. "But you grew up together, as siblings."
"Well, Yeah, but I guess...I don't know. I just like him as well...differently?" I grew confused. True, I thought of Five as family, but not in the same way i thought of my other siblings. And there had always seemed to be this flirtatious air around us.
Luther coughed slightly and I zoned back in.
I grinned. "What about you and Allison?"
Luther's eyes widened and he stayed silent.
I grinned.
I looked at Five, he didn't seem to be paying attention.
Beginning to grow uncomfortable in my position, I pecked his cheek again and retrieved my arms, returning to reclining on the back seats.
The drive was silent again.
▪️▪️▪️
IK THIS IS A SMALL UPDATE, BUT THIS BOOK IS SLOWLY CONSUMING MY LIFE AND I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK. Also, I would rather update less than lose interest and not finish it so yh😕 honestly this is the cringiest filler chapter ever but wth😁
ALSO COMMENT OPINIONS CAUSE ALL UR COMMENTS AND STUFF RLLY HELP ME GET IDEAS AND INSPIRATION AND UR ALL AMAZING (and I rlly hate writers block🤬)
Ly all, sm! Thx for waitingggg