Chapter 13

Louis’s POV

I waited downstairs in the Davis home, patiently waiting for Joslynn to come downstairs from her bedroom. It was about 7:40 PM, so we needed to leave in about five minutes. For some reason, I was nervous. I had taken Joslynn to one of her proms before, but for some reason, I just felt like there was more pressure on me to make this night perfect for her.

I mean, this was her senior prom. This was a big night for her, and if I mess this up for her, she’s definitely going to remember it. So, I have to make this night absolutely perfect for her. I had a few surprises in store, nothing big, but hopefully it’ll make this night better.

Joslynn’s mom was currently fixing some things with her camera so she could take pictures of the two of us.

“Are you nervous?” she asked, looking up for a second and smiling at me.

I smiled a bit and sheepishly admitted, “A bit.”

“There’s no need to be nervous, hun. Y’all are best friends, and just you being around her makes her happy. I don’t think you need to worry about anything going wrong as long as she’s with you.” She said, with the slightest southern accent. Ms. Sarah had a slight southern accent because she lived in Texas for a few years before college, and apparently, it stuck with her. It was hardly noticeable, but I liked it. It was nothing like my British accent, which she and Joslynn seem to love.

I smiled and said, “Thanks, Ms. Sarah. I can only hope things will go over smoothly.”

She smiled and patted my back and said, “I’m sure things will be fine.”

Before any more could be said, Harry came down the stairs in his tux and I said, “Well, don’t you look snazzy, Haz?” Harry was taking Jacqueline to prom, so he must be leaving to pick her up.

Harry laughed a bit before saying, “Thanks, mate. You’re looking pretty fresh yourself.”

“Fresh? Since when do you say fresh?” I asked, slightly amused.

“Ever since…now. Fresh…fresh, fresh, fresh. I like it.” He said, feeling a little too proud of himself.

I smirked before saying, “I think you need to slow down with the Fresh Prince of Bell Air episodes.”

Harry rolled his eyes before saying, “Well, I have to go get Jacqueline. Best of luck to ya, mate. I’ll see you later.”

Harry and I bid our fair wells, and right as he left, I heard the click of heels coming down the stairs. I turned my attention to the top of the big, wooden stair case that led down into the living room. What I saw took my breath away. Joslynn looked absolutely stunning. And, I’m not just saying that. She actually looks like the most beautiful girl on this earth right now. Though, I tend to feel like she was already the most beautiful girl. Is that weird for me to think? Surely not.

She stood atop of the staircase in a light blue dress with a big black bow in the middle of it. The dress went to her knees, and she also wore some blue and black heels. Her hair was to the side in a fishtail and it had blue flowers in it. She also had some light blue, dangly earrings in, and a silver charm bracelet of which I sent to her for Christmas. The thought that she still had it made me smile. This gives me a little more hope for one of my surprises.

She came down the stairs with a shy smile on her face. She got to the bottom and stopped right in front of me. I realized I had been staring a bit, so I said, “You look…absolutely stunning.”

Joslynn blushed and said, “You don’t look so bad, either, Tomlinson.”

I smiled a bit, pulling out the corsage for her. The flower was white, and Joslynn said, “It’s gorgeous.”