Chapter 19

Joslynn's POV

I was laying in the cold hospital room on the plain, white, boring bed. Why did being in the hospital have to suck so much? I'm in here alone and without food. And, my graduation is tomorrow. This sucks. 

It was only about 7:00, and I wouldn't be getting out of here until 10:00 or maybe even later. Then, I get to be at my school bright and early for graduation practice at 8:00 AM. The doctors are doing their best to get me to my graduation, even if that means me coming back here afterward.

I was bored. And lonely. And hungry. I could ask my nurse to bring me food from the cafeteria...but my mom doesn't want me eating the cafeteria food. This. Sucks. 

Right after I let out a groan of boredom and a little bit of pain, my hospital door opened. It was my nurse. 

I sat up and asked, "Are the results back?" I had taken a bunch of x-rays, but the doctor needed a while to get around to looking at them.

"Sorry, hun, but not yet. But, in the mean time, you have a visitor."

Visitor? My mom just left and the girls and boys (besides Louis) visited earlier today. I didn't expect Louis to come in after what I said. I probably made him feel terrible about himself. 

But, as the nurse stepped aside and the door opened wider, I saw the LAST person I EVER expected to see. 

My dad

Why was my dad here? Did my dad seriously come all the way from Texas JUST because I was in the hospital for two days?

"Dad!" I said, happily yet wondering why he was here.

"Hey, pumpkin!" He softly said in his Southern accent, coming over to my bed with a bouquet of flowers. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you didn't expect me to miss your high school graduation, did you?" He asked.

"Well...I wasn't really sure...but, uh, I mean...why are you here? Now?" I asked in return.

"Well, someone called me and told me there had been an accident...with a boy...that landed you in the hospital. Now, what did I tell you about boys?"

 "That they're stupid and 'icky.'" I said, giggling at the number one thing about boys when I was only six. 

"I'm serious! They are stupid and icky." He said, giving me a genuine smile. 

I missed this. I missed laughing and randomly smiling with my dad. I was afraid I'd never have a moment like this with him again. 

"So...uh...who called you and told you to come here early?" I asked, wondering who it was, considering my mom and dad didn't exactly talk. 

"Who do you think?" He asked. I gave him a questioning look before he rolled his eyes and said, "The goof who tripped over his own feet and thought McDonald's gave him super powers."

"Louis called you?" I asked, smiling a bit at the memories my dad had brought up. It was true; Louis was a goof who constantly tripped over nothing and grew up thinking McDonald's gave him some sort of super powers. 

"Yep...he told me...well, everything. From the minute you walked down the stairs to leave up until early this morning. And, for the record, I'm gonna kick this Joshua kid's ass."

Louis told him everything. Greeeeeat. That means he knows what Louis said to me at prom. He knows Louis loves me. I just hope my dad isn't mad.

"Now, don't be mad at the boy. He's a good kid. He's the one boy I don't think is icky...but stupid? Yes. The kid would be stupid in girl form, too."