1. Used To Be

Life was simple. I was a loner, yet it was what I liked. I liked not having the attention, I liked not being in drama. But most of all, I liked the simplicity.

Unfortunately, I was caught in the act by someone I despised. Honestly, I didn't think it was that much of a big deal to him, yet here I am...

"Shit, just like that" he moaned. Trying not to gag I continued on with the deed. I was disgusted. Not only with him but with myself. Why I let myself lower to this point is beyond me. Although I was poor I didn't let it make me do rash things like stealing some chips and getting caught.

Cameron just simply loved to make my life difficult. He was a bully, specifically mine. After I'm done with this I'm never going to do something that rash. I played it safe, stayed in my comfort zone and that's exactly where I'm gonna keep it from now on.

Finally after what seemed like forever he came. I wiped my mouth off and got out the car. I didn't want to have anything to do with this guy.

"Aye where you going" I heard him ask. I continued walking, ignoring him even more.

"I know you here me" he said, snatching my arm. I turned around to face him

"Don't touch me!" Pushing him in the process.

"What's your problem"

I turned back around, preparing myself for this walk back home.

"Look, I didn't make your poor ass steal so don't blame me."

My poor ass?! My poor ass!!?

"Yet you used MY POOR ASS for some head! You saw an opportunity and you took it!" I screamed

"Just leave me the fuck alone you asshole!"

"Yet you gave head to this asshole" he said with a smirk. Before I even knew what I was doing, I slapped him. He was surprised and so was I.

He gave me the nastiest look ever. "You gonna regret that"

"Fuck you!" I gave him both middle fingers and turned around to continue on with my journey. Cameron makes me sick! He thinks just cause he's some rich kid he can do anything he wants. Not to me! I may be poor but I'm no ones push over.

************

Finally making it home I put my key in the lock to find the lights off. Now I'm even more pissed off because I gave her the money for it. I don't work for nothing! So I sit and wait, wait for her to get home.

After 2 hours of waiting I finally see her walk in, looking like the hoe everyone claims she is.

"Nice to see you come home"

She turns around like she's seen a ghost. "Leila you scared me!"

"Ma, the lights are off! I gave you the money for it so why hasn't it been paid" I yell banging on the table.

"Idk who the hell you think you are but you won't talk to me like that!" She says stepping in my face. I'm so sick of this bs with her! I just turn around and go to my room.

The next day I wake up and get ready for school. I throw on a uni shirt and jeans. I don't have too much to choose from so I pick toms to wear with it. I actually love fashion, I just couldn't afford it.

Walking into school I head to my first class. I didn't know anyone to mingle and I preferred not to. People were grimey and I witnessed that firsthand. I didn't have time to make me lunch so I used the extra 5 dollars to get me something at the cafeteria.

Walking in I grabbed my food and was about to grab a water til someone smacked my ass. "Don't touch me!" I said

"Damn ma, I thought since your mom liked that shit then you would too, y'all is related!" He said then laughed.

Looking at him weird I asked, "what are you talking about"

He took out his phone to show me a video. I couldn't even watch the rest, I was fed up and disgusted. How could she? I turned around and saw all of Cameron's table laughing.

I walked over there and slapped the guy I saw my mom give our light money to.

"You bitch! I outta fuck your ass up!" He yelled in my face.

"Idgaf bitch ass nigga! I work hard for my fucking money, you think this shit a game? Idgaf what my mother does but you can keep me out of it!" I yelled and walked away.

I decided to go home cause I couldn't take this, the humiliation, the laughing.

Walking up to my house I find a paper. We were getting put out! I had nowhere to go after this. We done finally hit rock bottom.

I refuse to cry, I refuse to cry. I continued to say in my head. I just headed to the back to my big bag and started grabbing my things. At this point, I didn't know what I was gonna do. There were no homeless shelters around here and I didn't know anyone.