2. Looking Up

Making my way to my aunts house, I knocked on the door. I didn't expect her to answer but she did.

"What Leila"

"Auntie I've never asked you for anything but I need somewhere to stay. We got evicted" I said with a sigh. Shit just wasn't looking up for me right now. I need a breakthrough.

"Sure, but not for long"

Walking in, I headed for the showers. There's a reason behind her not wanting me here. Shit, there's a story behind a lot of things in my life.

I'm just thankful for the hospitality.

Finally getting out of the shower I head back downstairs. Mainly because I didn't know where I was sleeping and cause I was hungry.

"Look, you can't stay here for long. I'm not trying to get kicked out of this place too" she said with a face.

I sighed, I knew exactly what she was implying. I hate when ppl base things over what happened ages ago.

"I get it auntie"

"You'll sleep in your cousin room"

"Thank you" I said and went upstairs. Guess I won't be eating tonight, it won't be a first. Going into her room I decide to sleep on the floor. Before laying down I look at her pictures. She looked happy, she had friends and all. While looking, I came across an old picture. It was us with our dads.

Can't say I remember the guy cause I don't. I heard he did some unforgivable shit to a girl and he was locked up. Smh, I don't ever want to be associated with him, ever. No one really talks about it, so I don't exactly know the whole story.

Plugging my iPod up I started listening to some songs. Singing casually. Eventually I fell asleep....

********************

Waking up, I did my hygiene. Let my hair go in it's natural state, a curly mess. And put on some khaki shorts with a simple but cute shirt and sandals. I was going job hunting after school so I decided to atleast look decent.

Making it to school, I see Cameron and his ppls at their car. I roll my eyes and continue on in the school. Bumping into someone, I fall right on my ass. "Ouch" I say getting up rubbing my behind.

"My bad ma" finally looking up I see it's a guy.

I just look and prepare to walk away.

"Damn, you rude as hell" he say. I start to walk away but realized he wasn't saying nothing but the truth.

"I'm sorry, I've had a bad week"

He then smiled, definitely a charmer. "Nah, it's alright. I know how that can be"

"Ookay, well I have to go, see ya" I say then rush away. The dude was cute, I can't even lie. But that's not my focus so I clear my head.

School is finally done and I make my way to the bus and head to the mall. I really do want this job at Neiman Marcus, I did hear they were hiring.

I change into something more of their liking and head into the store.

"Hi, may I have an application" I say to the clerk.

"I'm sorr-

"No let me handle this, miss...

I turn around to see a manager?

"Leilyani, Leilyani Imora" I say with a strong handshake.

"Ok miss Imora, if you will, follow me to the back"

Following her to the back, we walk in her office.

"I'm gonna get straight to the point here, first off, I love your outfit of choice. Even if it is simple. Second, this is your interview."

I look up stunned. Say what?!

"I assure you, I'm completely truthful, on time, very punctual. I've wanted to work here for awhile. I'm pretty good with talking and dressing ppl up. I "

"Stop, what will be your transportation" she asked.

"The bus, I don't have a car." I say with my head high. There's no need to be ashamed. Transportation is transportation!

"Hmm, well you're hired" she say with a smile.

I smile back and shake her hand, "thAnk you so much! I'm glad you decided to give me a chance"

She gets up and we both make our way out of the door. "Your welcome honey. Btw, what's your email and phone number"

Giving her my phone number and email we walk out from the back.

I'm jumping up and down inside but I do have to act professional. With that being said, I'm on my way back home from the bus. Well back to my aunties house.

Getting there I knock on the door and she opens up, letting me inside. After speaking to her, I take a shower and look to the next day.