chapter 2

Chris slowly opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. She was laying in a hospital bed with monitors by her side and JJ sitting by the door, half asleep. She tried to sit up quickly but pain shot throughout her body.

She looked down at her chest to see about 20 stitches in the middle of her chest. The Un-sub had shot her and she had somehow survived.

"JJ," Christina whispered. JJ's eyes fluttered open and landed on Christina in bed. A tear escaped her eye as she rushed over to her side.

"You alright?" JJ asked her.

"Never better," Chris joked making JJ smile, "What happened?"

"The un-sub shot you while the team was trying to make an arrest. As of right now, they have him in custody, the trial is next week. Reid rode over in the ambulance with you and stayed here while you were in surgery. He was adamant about leaving you but Rossi told him to go to the hotel and sleep," JJ explained. Christina smiled at the thought of Spencer and wanted nothing more than him in this room with her.

"I need to go call the rest of the team and let them know you're up. I think Hotch wants to leave tomorrow if you are able to be let out by then," JJ said standing up and grabbing her cell phone, "You want me to call Reid first?"

Chris nodded saying: "He's my best friend, I want him here."

JJ smiled and nodded before walking out of the room.

A few minutes later, Aaron Hotchner came into Chris' hospital room. Hotch let out a sigh he did not know he was holding in when he saw Christina sitting up in bed. Chris smiled at him and said: "You're not getting rid of me that easily."

Aaron laughed at her and placed a kiss on her head. "Good, I can't do this job without you."

Emily came busting into the room next. She engulfed Chris into a hug which made Chris groan in pain.

"Sorry Hill," Emily said backing away.

"No, it's okay. It's good pain." Chris laughed. Emily looked up from Chris and to Aaron who was looking out the door of the hospital room.

"Hey pretty girl," Morgan said walking into the room. The team talked around Chris, the medication she was making it difficult for her to stay awake. She slowly closed her eyes and started to drift off. Aaron asked her a question making her stir. She did not want to open her eyes because she was thinking of-.

"Reid," Emily said which made Chris' head snap up. There he was standing at the edge of her bed, looking worse than Christina did.

Neither of them said anything, but they both immediately felt better looking into each other's eyes.

"Why don't we go back to the hotel and get some rest while you two catch up," Morgan suggested but neither Chris nor Spencer looked away from each other. Chris wanted Spencer next to her comforting her and that's all she could think about.

"Hey," Aaron said placing a hand lightly on Chris' shoulder, making her look up at him, "I'll be back this afternoon to make sure you're clear to leave in the morning."

Chris placed her hand over his and nodded. Morgan said something to Spence before the rest of the team walked out, shutting the door behind them.

"Hey," Chris smiled at her boyfriend. Spencer hurried over to her side, tears streaming down his face.

"Spence, I'm okay," Christina reasoned with him. He nodded and held her hand.

"I hope you never have to see the person you love most get shot because it's the worst thing in the world."

"Well then don't get shot while I'm around," Chris said with a smile. Spencer looked at her and turned around to make sure the door was shut before placing a kiss on her lips. 

Christina wanted to place her hand on his face to pull him in closer but a sharp pain erupted in her chest as soon as she lifted her arm. She pulled away grabbing her chest in pain.

"I'm sorry Chris, I don't mean to hurt you," Spencer said looking at her with puppy dog eyes.

"I know babe, it just might be a while before I can properly kiss you," Chris joked, making Spencer blush.

"I think I can wait," He said before kissing her again.