chapter 4

Chris had just got back from a run when her cell phone started to ring.

"Morgan, what's up?" Christina asked, opening her fridge and grabbing a water bottle.

"We need your help."

"What? I'm gone for a week and you guys can't handle a case without me?" Chris mocked.

"Chris," Hotch butted in, "I've had Garcia forward the files of this case to you. We need your out of the box thinking."

"Okay, fill me in on what you have."

The team told Christina all the information they had on the un-sub while she looked through the case files. 

"Wait, all these women live in rich, upper-class neighborhoods, right?" Christina asked the team. "Yeah, why?" Emily asked.

"They all have rings on their fingers that look to be from the same company. They are all gold with a similarly shaped stone. Have you guys checked to see if they've bought jewelry from the same jeweler?"

"See, this is why we need Chris here," Rossi said, "Thank you Hill. We'll get back to you-"

"Wait can I talk to her for a minute?" Reid interrupted. Chris could hear shuffling before she heard Spencer's voice say: "Hi." 

"Hey Reid," Christina replied.

"Everyone's gone, you can call me by my name," Spencer laughed into the phone.

"Well then hello their, doctor."

"Okay, okay. I get it you're funny, now how are you feeling? Any pain? Have you been doing your exercises?" Spencer rattled into the phone.

"No pain and yes i'm doing the exercises. I'm doing just fine babe." 

"I'm actually surprised you're surviving without me, I'll be back- Yes the case is going well," Spencer stopped mid-sentence signaling someone came into the room where he was.

"Who is it?"

"Do you need something Rossi?" Spencer answered Chris. The line was quiet for a few seconds but Christina could hear Dave tell Spencer that they were ready to give a profile and to tell Christina to be safe for him. 

"Rossi says to be safe," Spencer said after Rossi had left the room.

"I heard, go deliver the profile. I'll see you when you get home. I love you."

"I love you too." And with those words, Spencer hung up and Chris went back to trying to live a life outside the BAU.