chapter 10

"Chris," Spencer called out, running towards where Christina had been thrown from the blast. She coughed as he helped her sit up. 

"What the hell?" Morgan asked as he helped Emily up. 

"I'm calling 911," JJ said using Hotch's home phone. 

"Where's Hotch?" Chris asked looking around at her team. Everyone was there but Hotch. 

"Guys!" Dave yelled, hurrying towards where he saw Aaron laying. 

"He was closest to the blast," Chris said getting up and walking over to him, "Aaron, can you hear me?" He looked up at Christina who was now kneeling beside him. 

"What happened?" He asked looking around at his surroundings. JJ had just gotten off the phone and announced that the police and an ambulance were on their way. 

"Aaron, a bomb just went off in your kitchen. I need you to stay here on the ground until the medics get here, okay?" Chris said as Spencer stood up from where he was kneeling beside Chris. 

"Morgan," Spence said, calling Derek over to him, "We need to check the kitchen."

"Okay, you have your gun?"

Spencer shook his head before remembering that Chris always kept a gun in her purse. "Hold on," He said walking over to where Chris' white clutch was and pulled her gun out. 

Spencer and Morgan headed into the kitchen while the echo of sirens could be heard in the house. 

Aarons' hand grabbed Chris' arm as she began to stand up. 

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving you," She said to calm him down. A few seconds later, medics and police were entering Hotch's house.

"Bomb looks home-made, we didn't find any others," Morgan told the police after he and Spencer came out of the kitchen. 

The medics had Aaron on a gurney and was wheeling him towards the ambulance parked outside. 

"You okay?" Spencer asked Christina. She nodded her head and wrapped her tiny arms around his torso, resting her head on his chest. 

"I'm going to ride to the hospital with Hotch. You guys go home, get what you need and we'll meet back at the office in 2 hours," Emily said. The team agreed and they all walked away, unsure of what just happened and why it happened.