chapter 5

Chris was sitting on her couch flipping through an old magazine. She was desperately trying to find things to do to take up her time while she wasn't working.

Eventually giving up, she went to the bedroom to try and take a nap. As she laid down her phone went off.

"JJ, I thought you guys were landing soon?" Christina said, answering the phone. Spencer had called her last night saying that they had finished the case.

"We just did. We need you to come to the BAU. Something's wrong with Spencer." At those words, Chris jumped out of bed and started throwing on shoes and a coat: "What do you mean?"

"I think he's having a bad migraine. He can barely open his eyes and he keeps repeating your name," JJ explained.

"I'm on my way."

A half an hour later, Chris ran into the BAU, looking around for her team.

"Chris!," Morgan called from the conference room. The jean shorts and black hoodie made her stand out from the FBI agents around her so the team saw her run in. Chris headed up the stairs where her boyfriend sat in the conference room and everyone stood around him.

"He's been like this since we landed. We figured you'd know what to do," Rossi explained.

"Prentis, the top left drawer of my desk, you'll find a pill bottle," Chris ordered as she started to close all the blinds in the room, "JJ, turn off the lights."

JJ did as she was told and Emily left the room to go find the pills Christina was talking about. Chris kneeled down where Spencer was sitting and placed a hand on his leg.

"Spence, can you hear me?" Spencer kept his eyes closed but nodded and grabbed Chris' hand.

"Here," Emily said, walking back into the conference room and handing the pills to Chris. Christina immediately opened the bottle and gave one to Spencer. She took a deep breath and turned to the team who were waiting on an explanation.

"A few months ago," She started, "Spencer started having really painful headaches. He couldn't figure out why he was having them so I took him to the doctor. They couldn't find anything either. The pills mainly help with the pain but so far, no one can figure out what's causing them. Spence must've run out of pills on the trip and I always keep some so that's why he was calling my name."

The team took in her words and Hotch said: "Let's give them a moment to rest." The team quietly left and Aaron came up behind Chris, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, you're a good friend." Christina smiled up at her boss. Once Aaron left, closing the door behind him, Spencer slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey handsome," Chris said bringing his hand up to her lips. He got on the floor with her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Thank you," He whispered into her hair. A tear escaped his eye and Chris pulled away.

"You don't need to thank me," She said, wiping away the tear, "Didn't you hear Hotch? I'm a good friend."

A laugh escaped Spencer's lips which made Chris smile.

"You ready to go home?" Chris asked her boyfriend.

"Yes, please." Chris helped Spencer stand up and walk out of the conference room. The whole team had eyes on them as they walked to Spencer's desk.

"I'm gonna take him home. I'll call you with an update later JJ, once the headache has passed," Chris said, grabbing Spencer's bag off his desk.

JJ nodded and watch the two walk out the doors of the BAU, while the team thought to themselves about how much of a couple they seemed like.