chapter 16

Chris was still trying to process what Hotch had just said while she dialed Emily's number.

"Hey, everything okay? How's Hotch?" Emily asked, after picking up the phone.

"He's fine, but I think we have a bigger problem," Christina let out a deep breath, "Hotch said he didn't see Ross when he was going into the kitchen and Ross couldn't have left through the window because it was painted shut."

The line was quiet for a moment as Emily took in what Chris was saying. "So, Ross isn't our guy?"

"I don't know, but it doesn't explain where he is or how he got out," Chris said pacing down the empty hospital hallway.

"Hang on, Morgan's calling me. I'll call you right back," Emily said before abruptly hanging up. 

Chris slid her phone into her back pocket and went back into Aaron's hospital room. 

"What's going on Hill?" He asked with concern.

"I can honestly say, I don't know," She admitted. Something inside her was telling her something was off about the situation but she could not place it.

"Why don't you sit down for a minute, your brain has been on for almost 24 hours now," Hotch said, gesturing towards the chair she had just been sitting in.

"Hotch, you know I hate it when people say they feel bad vibes or have a bad feeling right?" Chris asked her boss.

"Yes, you don't think we have the psychological capability to know when something bad is going to happen." 

Chris nodded at his words, "Exactly."

"Christina, what are you trying to tell me?"

"I have that feeling right now Hotch. I feel like something bad is going to happen."

Before Hotch could reply, Christina's phone went off. "It's Emily, I'll be right back," She said before walking out of the hospital room again.

"Hey Em," She said answering the phone.

"Chris, Ross is dead."