chapter 11

"Take some deep breaths," Spencer ordered Chris. They were sitting outside of their apartment and Chris had broken down. 

"I need to get to the hospital, Aaron needs someone-" Christina said getting up off the ground, taking deep breaths.

"Christina, I need for you to calm down," Spencer reasoned, "You're not going anywhere until I know you are okay."

Christina nodded and closed her eyes. It seemed as if everything had changed in a split second. 

Her world had gone from giving her everything she had ever wanted, a great job, amazing friends and a loving boyfriend that everyone knows about, to taking away her happiness in the blink of an eye. 

"I'm okay," Chris said. Spencer's hand went up to cup her face, "Aaron is going to be okay."

She nodded at his words. "Go get changed and I'll drive us to the office."

Half an hour later the team had gathered in the conference room. Tension filled the air as the team kept their thoughts to themselves waiting for Emily to get to the office. 

As soon as she entered the door everyone stood up. 

"He is awake and doing good," Emily said making everyone sigh a sigh of relief. 

"Has anyone had time to look at the bomb fragments that were left over?" Emily asked, looking directly at Morgan.

"They are still being processed but as soon as they get here I'm on it," Morgan replied. 

"Good, Spencer and Chris, I want you at the crime scene. We need to figure out where the bomb came from and who could've put it there," Emily stated, "And Dave, me and you will go back to the hospital and see if Hotch saw anything that can help us."

The team took a second to look at each other. Everyone's mind was racing with thoughts of the past couple of hours. 

"I know that everyone has had an eventful day and I understand if you need some time, but Hotch needs us. It could've been any of us or all of us hit by that blast," Emily said, " We owe it to him to give our best effort."

"We are going to catch the son of a bitch who did this," Morgan said, flamming the fire that was in everyone's hearts. This was personal to every single one of them and they all wanted the man responsible dead.