chapter 13

"Son of a bitch," Morgan said. Spencer had called the whole team to get them together in the conference room. 

"I had completely forgotten he went in there since Chris and Spencer kinda dropped a bomb on us," Garcia said, making the whole team look at her, "Sorry, that was the wrong choice of words."

"Has anyone heard or seen from Ross since the party, do we even know if he made it out?" David said ignoring Garcia. 

"I don't remember seeing him leave but then again no one was really focusing on our surroundings," Emily said before taking another sip of coffee. If it weren't for the coffee and the amount of adrenaline pumping through their veins, no one would be awake. 

"You want to head over their now, or should I call his house?" JJ asked. The team looked around expecting Hotch to answer. Now that he was out, they needed to get a new person to call the shots. 

"Let's go to his house," Emily said standing up. Everyone nodded their head in agreement. "I want Chris and JJ to stay here. If anyone knows anything important about Ross or where he is I need to know immediately," Emily added.

Chris nodded and looked towards Spencer. Usually, she would have to keep her worries about her boyfriend hidden but now everyone knew why she stared at Spencer a little longer than usual.

"We leave in five minutes to go to Ross's. I'll see you downstairs," Emily announced. Most of the team left the conference to go get suited up for the trip or to down one more cup of coffee but Chris and Spencer stayed seated. 

"I can't help but feel responsible Spence," Chris spoke up. 

"I know," Spencer replied coming over and kneeling beside where she was sitting, "But we can't focus on that right now. We need to catch this guy."

"He always flirted with me, Spence. I don't think it is a coincidence that he plants a bomb the same night we announce we're dating."

"Chris, how would he have known?" Spencer reconciled.

"I don't know, but something's not right about this whole situation."

"Talk to JJ, she's always good at calming you down," Spencer suggested, "I'll be back soon. I promise." Chris nodded and watched him walk away, knowing he was about to be in danger.